PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2020
Telford, UK
www.youtube.com
What do we think? Rustic to say the least, and I can't say I fancy any tobacco referring to rot, original or otherwise :oops:

farmer_tabak_original_rot_170g.jpg

*I am aware of the German translation, but it's funny nonetheless!

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
It looks good to me. They have several "scrap" tobacco offerings that I've been interested in trying. Seems like honest, no frills tobacco and probably good quality at that. I have a feeling it's like the German equivalent of D&R here in the USA.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
It's actually by Planta in Germany, and has a three star rating on tobacco reviews.
It's a burley forward blend and has Kentucky and Virginia in it.

@greeneyes You speak as if Daughters & Ryan is a substandard tobacco company. Many of the D&R blends are very good.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
It's actually by Planta in Germany, and has a three star rating on tobacco reviews.
It's a burley forward blend and has Kentucky and Virginia in it.

@greeneyes You speak as if Daughters & Ryan is a substandard tobacco company. Many of the D&R blends are very good.
Not substandard. I smoke it. And it's economical. If I was likening it to a substandard tobacco why would I be interested in trying it?

I even said "good quality" above. :coffee:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I agree D&R is a fine outfit, for those who don't think that a low price means an inferior product. D&R is out in the country, in the best sense. I've been to Kenley, its home place, as well as Smithfield, where it maintains its mailing address. This outfit is in the tobacco growing belt, close to the source and more knowledgeable than most. For folks in the know.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I agree D&R is a fine outfit, for those who don't think that a low price means an inferior product. D&R is out in the country, in the best sense. I've been to Kenley, its home place, as well as Smithfield, where it maintains its mailing address. This outfit is in the tobacco growing belt, close to the source and more knowledgeable than most. For folks in the know.
I haven't been to the "home" of D&R, but I have been to the perique facility they own in Louisiana several times.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
You think that translation is awkward, search some Euro eBay sites for a Dunhill pipe and sometimes you'll find a Dunhill blowjob. I love my Dunnies but I can't envision old Alfred or Richard performing that particular service well in spite of their claim that "it must be the best of its kind"

Status
Not open for further replies.