PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
How do you feel about the nosewarmer pipe? I love them. I like the feel in the hand, especially the "chubby" style, that has a bowl as big as a regular pipe, but has a short stem. My chubbies seem to hold as much tobacco as a big pipe, but they are good in the mouth. I tend to clench a pipe between my teeth, like when I am at the computer, and the chubby seems to be easier on the teeth. And I feel more secure putting a chubby in my coat pocket. I have less fear of it falling out, and less fear of snapping the stem when I sit. All in all, a good pipe to smoke when doing something more than just smoking a pipe.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
Oh! Pipes. I was totally misreading that subject line. As you were.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
*ahem* Concerning members of the fairer sex. I figured out what you meant, but pipes weren't my first thought. ;)

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
But to say on topic, I'm finding that I'm enjoying a bent pipe a bit more these days, only the smoke tends to get in my eyes, but the "slipstream" of smoke is nice in the nose. Adds to the experience well. But the bit in the eyes vexes me. Don't have that issue with my straights. Wonder if maybe an even shorter straight would worth toying with. or smoke near a fan. hehe

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Check out these nose warmers from NeatPipes. They are their Chubby Billiard line:
http://www.neatpipes.com/store/pipemakers.asp?pmid=31&catid=50
Just in case anyone is curious or interested, the actual name for a nose warmer is Brucianaso. Most everyone calls them nose warmers, but I figured I would throw that bit of info out there in case anyone who doesn't know, will know if the real name is ever used.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Bob those pipes are sweet looking. I am quickly coming down w/PAD.

I might have to limit my time on the site, its killing me to see all these beautiful pipes and all that tabacky out there for me to try.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Nothing like Fraternal twins.

Good idea about the churchwarden.

Be sure to show-em' off.

I broke out my Holme's and Watson "nose warmers".

I thought I'd color em up a little for the next few days.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
haha good one
But she likes the way my whiskers tickle her thighs

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
We did...

Phil couldn't keep up and I gave him a "ticker attack"

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Bob said>>"Just in case anyone is curious or interested, the actual name for a nose warmer is Brucianaso. Most everyone calls them nose warmers, but I figured I would throw that bit of info out there in case anyone who doesn't know, will know if the real name is ever used"

I learn something new every day.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Boswell makes some of the finest pipes Ive seen and his nosewarmers are great!
http://www.boswellpipes.com/

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I got the whole "smoke in the eyes" yesterday and while it was annoying, I did enjoy where the smoke got to before my eyes.... The little bit of smoke that went up the nose while smoking my royal danish nose warmer was actually very pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.