PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I have tried a few but I am not too keen on them. The smoke keeps getting in my eyes and it irritates me to have the glowing ember right under my nose. As a result I have converted the Dagner Poker Cob and The MM Stubby with a longer stem into a "non-nosewarmer". :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Don't care for them either. My woman analogy would have to be, long, curvy, and out of my face.

Mar 1, 2014
Nosewarmers are out.
I really liked the English Tavern pipe from Penn Valley Pipe Shoppe before I managed to break all three of the pipes I ordered.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a couple of small pipes. Dunhill group 2 type, good for flakes. They are nice.
I don't go out for nose warmers. It has taken 2 years, but I may buy a devil anse now that I am used to looking at them.
I prefer mid-range pipes, but I also love churchwardens. Not all the time, but sometimes, they just fit the bill.

loomongous

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I have several. Maybe about 10% of my pipes fall into that category. I find them very handy for certain activities.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Its only the lighting that I do not enjoy so much with a nosewarmer, too often end up with a burnt mustache smell hindering my first couple of puffs. I like everything else about the way they smoke.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Guys, to enjoy a nosewarmer, you just need to sit back in your relaxing chair/recliner and light the thing. Then hold it wherever you want it. No need to burn yourself or get smoke in your eye.

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
I like them and have a bunch but I don't clench so don't really have a problem getting smoke in my face.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
I hate churchwardens or any pipes with a long stem. I just hate them so much, and I've come to the conclusion that pipe smoking's new popularity these last few years is all people who like lord of the rings. God I hate churchwardens and lord of the rings

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
but no really I am absolutely repulsed by churchwardens & they look so stupid

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I think years of shade-tree wrenchin' with a Marlboro stuck in my face has inured me to the smoke being "too close". As a special bonus, it gave me a rather rakish perma-squint in my left eye.
This ... precisely this 1000 times.
Well said, sir.

pipeman7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2017
Haha ok as long as your not smoking one of those Vauen LOTR series pipes :lol:
I'd rather read with a nosewarmer, I like them. It's funny to see they get so much hate

Status
Not open for further replies.