North Bay Fire Department to J.W. Sewall K228 (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this one it at cost of a nice cigar. The pipe was presented by North Bay Fire Department (Ontario) to a Mr. or Ms. J.W. Sewall K228. I wrote to the seller about the history of the pipe if any and I also would be writing to the Fire Chief and his staff at North Bay if they had anyone working with the same name.
The stem is loose seems to have a repair band, the mouth bit is chipped. I don't plan to get anything replaced on this pipe. Just going to get it cleaned and a little buffed to dull the scratches.
Enjoy the pictures !!
Noj4x1O.jpg

VaPjKIp.jpg

UACWPUo.jpg

vp3ODFW.jpg

PmCSTxC.jpg

OfUqE0H.jpg

9okIeJt.jpg

w8pX7JI.jpg

QwfniQg.jpg

U1W4HEe.jpg

NDdVo3G.jpg

KLnzNVd.jpg

S2AbDBg.jpg

Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Very NICE. Love a pipe with history. Especially pipes that have been smoked, not just put in a drawer or trunk and forgotten.

@Philo - I am emailing the Fire Chief of the city as soon as I reach home from work today.

@jay lol Weezel should love it
@Ash Made me think of you when I saw the engraving on the silver. Hopefully it will buff out good and with amber stem just cleaned and set aside for history, i'll be more than happy to smoke it with a replacement stem. Amber gets brittle or so I've heard.
Cheers,

Chris

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Terrific shots of an historical piece. So fine!
I bet Georged will look at the repair and hopefully comment. To create a round and tapered repair ferrule to fit like that is no mean feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.