Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
A couple of weeks ago I was on vacation at the beach. While reading before sleeping I started to feel a slight pain in my chest. As the pain continued I began to get a little nervous.
As the nearest hospital was about 20 km away and it was also a couple of km of sand to the road, I decided to take my family to go to the hospital.
I spent the night in the ER and came out in the morning with the diagnosis of not having had a heart attack.
This was in the public hospital of a tourist city, so I (my wife plus) decided to go to the private practice of a Cardiologist, to check and seek a second opinion.
Bad idea, because after analyzing me he concluded that I had had a heart attack. He medicated (a lot) and recommended more in-depth and complex studies.
So after 2 weeks of seeing several cardiologists, many EKGs, many blood draws, a resting EKG, and a force EKG, they concluded I'm fine.
What they also concluded (and so did I), is that my 105 kg are not healthy.
So I am on a diet and to reinforce it do not smoke until at least my weight is in 2 figures.
Greetings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You did the smart thing. Better to seek attention than to ignore symptoms. Things turned out pretty well, and now you know to do things to avoid trouble. Good health to you; that comes first.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Pleased you went and had this checked out, AND sought a second AND third opinion.
Fantastic news that you didn't have a heart attack.

Now to do the hard bit - lose some kilos and get back to enjoying your pipes
Looking forward to hearing your success story soon.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Glad things look okay for you!

But I have to say that this thread baffled me until I realized you must be talking about weight in metric kilos, not pounds! (I did not read your whole post thoroughly enough, because you are perfectly clear there.)

Ninety-nine pounds would be problematic…