PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Been keeping an eye out for this years Peterson Pipe of the Year, as I like the shape this year, and haven’t seen it in any US online shops.
I emailed smokingpipes and they said they still haven’t received any but it seems really late compared to the recent releases. Supposedly they were to come out in June as did last years.
Anyone got any info? I may just have to buy overseas but would rather not.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks a bit like a rhodesian take on the XL26.
s-l400.jpg

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I know Smokingpipes.com is putting them up soon, this week or next, I believe. Not sure when other US retailers are putting them up, as these were distributed prior to our purchase.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an attractive pipe, nice traditional shape. I have a Kemberling (Austrian) Rhodesian bent smooth finish that fills that spot on my rack, but if I didn't, this one might.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
CE, it is quite akin to 1 of the pipes in the Iceberg series. But also very reminiscent of the XL26. That shape is 1 of the 4 Kinsale shapes I have. I think that the Sherlock Holmes line, which spawned some of these shapes and inspired other variations of them, is 1 of Peterson's most innovative lines of pipes for its shapes. Some of my favorites from that wellspring are what some consider hybrid shapes, the XL26 called by some a hybrid of a bulldog and a calabash and the XL16, which I also own, the Watson in the SH line, which some call a hybrid of Rhodesian and Oom-Paul.

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Smooth version listed on GQ Tobacco
edit: ugh, pic won't load into post....it looks pretty sweet
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/exbenedict/album/picture/27386

exbenedict

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2018
Just ordered mine. Grabbed a sandblasted one as I don't have too many of those at the moment.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Sheesh, there I go again calling the XL17 a 16. Am always doing that. :oops: Cohiba, XL11's are mighty fine looking pipes. I was sorely tempted by an SP estate spigot XL11 this week-only a remarkable $110. Quite a price for a spigot and not surprisingly didn't last long.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Yes I got the email blast from smokingpipes last night. It has the pipe of the year in the add and they look to be available now. No Christmas Pipe yet though. Those churchwarden spigots look 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.