PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
No more pipes till May....no more pipes till May....no more pipes till May!!!
Or so I keep telling myself anyway. I'm trying to get my PAD under control or at least suppress it for a little while. I've bought 11 pipes since January 1st, and received 2 for Christmas also. I keep saying this one is the last one for awhile...BUT...I just got off the phone from ordering a Peterson St Paddy's Day 2015 XL90 pipe from SP. I wasn't going to order one of those SPD pipes but when I showed a pic to my darling wife she said, " Oh, I really like the green, you should get one of those.". It doesn't help that she's an enabler! :lol:
But that's it...that's the last one until Victoria Day weekend in May which is very close to my 50th birthday.

I mean a man really should get a new pipe to celebrate the big 5-0 right!! :lol:
Until then I will go into a Zen like meditative state and keep chanting...no more pipes till May....no more pipes till May....no more pipes till May.... :wink:

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Yea you keep telling your self that. I'm holding off till Oct for the NOLA pipe show, and I've only bought three since Jan of this year.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Hey, at least she's an enabler. I was getting put in the doghouse so often that I had to devise elaborate schemes to avoid her finding out about my PAD purchases. Now I just have them shipped to my office.
And I bet you don't make it to May . . .
:twisted:

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
To me it's horrible thing to think about.

My birthday is in April. How about end of March?

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Use the month and a half left to spend quality time and bond with the pipes you already have. The more you add to the collection the less you will smoke each one.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
If I could just stay off of the Smokingpipes site I would have a better chance.

Every time I get an email about "fresh new pipes" I can't help but go and check them out...who doesn't like fresh new pipes?
Anyway....back to chanting I go.
No new pipes till May.

No new pipes till May.

No new pipes till May.
:rofl:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Of course, you will need a Birth Year pipe for the big 50 if you don't already have one... :wink:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
dmcmtk that is a brilliant idea!! :)
no more pipes till May...no more pipes till May....

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
You know that
no more pipes today...
sounds very much like
buy a pipe today...
Sounds like a good enough reason to get a jump start on that purchase for your 50th!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
bernie, I almost caved in a couple times but managed to resist the temptation to buy a pipe. Only 34 days till May.

I can do this.
I do however have a couple tobacco orders on the way. :)
no more pipes till May......no more pipes till May.....

Mar 1, 2014
http://smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=170938
You guys are incorrigible.

I was doing so well, having only bought two Nordings three Cobs a Rossi a Briarworks and an Ashton this year.

But NOW look what you've done, I was all set to wait until the next site wide SPC sale, but this duscussion made me take a long hard look at my buying habits and realize that even if I did wait until the next sale, any Author as good as this one would undoubtedly be long gone, and I really had no choice but to get it now.

Not to mention everyone knows that threads like this are only ever taken as a challenge, and never encourage anything but excessive wanton spending.

Well I hope you're all happy, another beautiful, plump, extra wide bowled but reasonably priced pipe has been sold, and another man's self control irrevocably damaged.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
frozen, that's a great looking pipe and with a nice BIG chamber too. Thanks for taking a hit for the team.

I'm living my PAD vicariously through you!!
no more pipes till May.....no more pipes till May....

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I just ordered a Wessex Egg from Pipesandcigars.com. Its the first one since a year ago as I have been focusing on getting more tobacco.
I will take up the chant with you, to be as supportive as possible :)
"NO MORE PIPES UNTIL MAY!"

...and then I get two.
Shoot, did I type that?

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
It's like towards women or many other probable objects of desire, the more often one looks, the more often one may find yet another is desirable.

For me, all it starts from the verbal or non-verbal (e.g. only imagery) thoughts of "I wonder how that pipe may smoke like..."

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Yeah I told myself that(and then said back to myself "You don't own me"). Then a clone of my favorite pipe went up on ebay, and by Monday I will be in possession of two gargantuan French Colossal bulldogs.

No more new pipes till.....the next one...sigh.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have SOLD aaaalllmoosstt as many pipes as I've bought this year...
And I, too, need to save up. But for me it is the West Coast show in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.