No Fuss Blend - No Bite, Decent Flavor, Medium Nic, Nice Room Note...What Do You Recommend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
If it has to be an aro I would recommend Sutliff's "Barbados Plantation" or their bulk..."Sunset Rum". They are not complex, just a reasonably strong rum and mild vanilla flavor.

Or you could go with a split the difference blend like Lane's HGL or Captian Black, Black Sea or Kramer's Blend for Danny Kay. Neither are true aromatics nor are they true english blends. They are just pleasant, benign, uncomplicated blends.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's all about "which music you dance to." I'd also second Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley base with Virginia as a condiment and three flavoring liqueurs, pretty uptown for a pouch and tub tobacco. I like various tobacco forward aromatics as a change of pace, but I can't think of any I prefer. It is like the codger caucus slipped one in on the blend snobs to pull their chains. Three liqueurs? Good.

Reactions: Marindas

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I'd also second Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley base with Virginia as a condiment and three flavoring liqueurs, pretty uptown for a pouch and tub tobacco.

I agree SWRA is worthy of consideration in your criteria. I would say 1Q as well, but it may be too light in the taste and nic departments.

I don’t have any real world experience yet to a new recent personal hit, Orlik Golden Sliced, but you could test the nic hit and social impact to see if it is a keeper on the taste side. I love the stuff as it was just introduced to me by a fellow forum member.

Status
Not open for further replies.