PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone,
Just a quick little update about myself that I wanted to share with the community.

Today is my second day without cigarettes on Chantix, and although it may seem somewhat silly to celebrate the second day I just couldn't wait to share it with you all. It sure seems like quite the accomplishment to go from a pack per day to none at all.

Sure hope to keep it up after the prescription ends, and I will do my best to keep everyone updated on my success.

Time to put down the death sticks and pick up more pipes! LOL

Anyway, enough about me just wanted to share that will you all.
P.S. I just woke up from a nap scared and sweaty because I had a dream in which I smoked some cigs. The dream was so real it was scary. Good thing that I didn't! Hopefully that is a sign that I WILL quit!

ozymandias

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2012
Good show, Old Man!
Keep it up! I know how hard it can be, as my Mom has been struggling for several years.
I'm rooting for you!

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
@ozymandias Thank you brutha! I used to have asthma as a child, and the doctor noticed some changes in my breathing that weren't so great aside from the daily cough.

I wish your mom the best also in her struggle to quit!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Now no inhaling on that pipe, or the trade-off will be minimal if any good at all :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
You'll get sick of the nails while taking that stuff. I didn't smoke a pipe when I quit nails, but I used Zyban and I think Chantix works the same way.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Good luck. Chantix Made a buddy of mine have nightmares hope you do not suffer from the same.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Congrats mate! Yes, it is a good thing to celebrate the second day. It also is good to celebrate the 3rd and 4th and 5th etc. Everyday is a victory!. Pick yourself up some VERY high nicotine content baccy for those days when the Cig. cravings become heavy. I find, 5 Brothers, Kendals Kentucky, 1792 Flake or Dark Birdseye to be very helpfull.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
Good luck with quitting cigs! Pipes and cigars are a much more enjoyable pastime. Far less expensive in the long run.
Just a word of caution on Chantix. Here's a link to an interesting article:
http://www.data-yard.net/10z2/clearing_the_air_chantix.htm
Seems your strange dream is just the beginning of the side effects of this drug. Diabetes? Take it from a 28 year Type 1 diabetic, you absolutely don't want anything to do with this disease.
Frankly, if it were me, I'd try cold turkey and willpower over a psychotropic, mind-altering pharmacological agent. Think it over carefully.
Again, good luck.
CACooper

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Just get your hands on some strong leaf when the urge hits you. You'll be fine.
You're a man right?
Not a mouse?
Yeah... you'll be fine.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I still have a dream once in awhile where I have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. I smoked for close to 14 years, so it still seems natural even though I hate the smell and taste of cigs now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I quit the nails back in June, no drugs, just my pipes. I still get an urge once in a while but I say no. You are doing great Waz, day at a time and just stay focused. Keep telling yourself you can do it, and you will. I smoked them for 30 years straight at one point in my life then quit for 6 before picking them up again. I was pissed at myself for giving in, but thankfully I quit again.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
I quit after 25 years using Chantix. It's been a year and 7 months since I've had a cigarette. I too had very vivid dreams, but that was the only side effect. After about a week I completely lost the urge to smoke. I didn't put them down as much as I kind of lost interest in them. Good luck man and stick with it!
Seth

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I don't even like the smell of cigs now. If I smell cigs it's like a cheap, nasty cigar. I sit and think, geez, you want something that doesn't suck? Let me see what I got in the pouch.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Thanks for the support everyone!

I'm only on day four but I have faith in myself and Chantix seems to be working as well.

I have no desire to smoke at all and they say that the first week is the hardest.

Still smoking the pipe but not inhaling.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
When i quit using Heroin 6 years ago, along with all drugs, i had those dreams where i thought i messed up and it was hell... My mom is a pretty strong and wise lady. She always told me to always think "This too shall pass!!!' sometimes it just takes longer. Now i have quit every vice that had hold of me and am addicted to parenting :D I don't think of a pipe as a habit really, but a hobby that involves a little nicotine. Very little nicotine. So my brother, I say this with the utmost certainty,THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!! I hope no one holds my old habits against me. Its a long story.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Zippo Pipe Lighter ZIP200PLbrfin 1 15.16

Brushed Chrome

Five Brothers Pipe bpt5brospch 5 3.00

Tobacco (1.25oz pouch)

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. bptgnh05 4 3.92

Bulk Dark Bird's Eye

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. bptgnh29 4 3.92

Bulk #7 Kendal Mixture

I'm gettin ready for the battle,allready have the 1792 in stock!!P-Day(pipes/no cigs)is near :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.