PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I had to smoke four flakes at once in a very large pipe to get nicotine from that one.

View attachment 122337

In that case your nicotine tolerance is even higher than you say it is. Pretty potent stuff! When I still smoked cigarettes and I was a ships owner representative I sometimes got on ships with Russian crew. In some cases they gave me a few packs of cigarettes, I only could smoke those being a little woozy, for me that wasn't stuff to touch as a first cigarette of the day.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Ocam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2020
Spain
SG Black XX is really good, although I don't find it that strong. Brown No.4, however, made me put the pipe down.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I picked up the pipe after smoking cigars for over 20 years, what hooked me was the amount of flavor I would get from pipe tobacco. If I want something strong I will by a pack of Camel non filters. The strongest pipe blend in my cellar is Peterson Irish Flake which I have gotten used to so I an smoke it on an empty stomach.

The myriad of flavors with pipe tobacco blows away cigars and cigarettes and it ain't even close. I have smoke tons of Cuban cigars, loads of Opus, Asthons, Diamond Crowns, Padrons. specially made Cubans, one of a kind Fuentes. I know cigars hence my name.

Mr. Marsh

Lurker
Jan 10, 2022
Montana
Macbaren Old Dark Fired knocked me off my socks, others consider that a all day or multiple smoke per day tobacco. What I'm saying with this is, what's your tolerance? I think the dark fired Kentucky is a bit to potent for me, last 1/3 or 1/4 off the bowl it hits me very sudden.

Macbaren Rustica I didn't see I then list yet, seems hard to get in the USA if I remember correctly, ordering at Estervals in Germany has plenty in stock.
Pack a day smoker for almost 10 yrs.
I find myself smoking 3 bowls of Peter stokebye’s English luxury before breakfast lol

Reactions: DanWil84

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson's Nightcap, formerly Dunhill Nightcap, used to be a standard stronger blend, named Nightcap to denote that it was a good blend to finish off the evening. Some people find Peterson's Royal Yacht quite strong, though I don't.

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I used to grow, cure and smoke nicotiana rustica. That was probably the cleanest, strongest nicotine hit I’ve experienced. I smoked it in a tiny “Elizabethan” clay. I actually enjoyed the flavor but the room note was like an overflowing ashtray.

I tried curing it in many ways but the best was in ways that kept the leaves green, which seems to have been the way most of the tribes of the southeast did it—as well as the Russians. It has been said that the native Americans of the southeast and also Russian makhorka smokers hated “our” tobacco, and vice versa, and my limited experience of rustica helps me understand the divide. It’s not just that it’s strong, nicotine wise, but there’s something different in the effect

Reactions: The Clay King

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
and if it ever appears on the market again, the Indonesian air cured burley Tambolaka.
Too bad this is no longer available, it is really very good. I've never smoked any other blend that had such a remarkable earthy black tea flavor.