PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

argmooner

Lurker
Sep 27, 2022
The original post on this has already been resolved long ago, I assume. However, for other newbies who may be looking at lots of pipes, I'd advise caution.

Part of getting into pipe smoking is a steep learning curve, learning pipe brands, shapes, materials, sizes, filters and non-filters, and so on.

I'd highly recommend buying one pipe at a time, and looking at dozens of pipes in buying just one, to learn all about them and learning how to winnow down your choices. Also don't buy a pipe every week. Learn to smoke each pipe over several months or more before buying another.

Buying a group of pipes, a lot, you are prone to get one or more that don't suit you, and worse, you don't learn as much about the pipes as you could buying them one at a time, and struggling more deciding what you like and learning about the individual pipes.

The more homework you do, and the more you sweat it, and the more you begin to enjoy that process, the more you will learn, and the more satisfactory your experience will be. You will always learn by your mistakes, but you'll feel better if you don't compound your mistakes by buying too many pipes at once.
Good advise mso , thanks . I am really enjoying a few corn cobs . They are very light and really good smokers in my opinion . I've been smoking more than 1 year now and just this month purchased my first nice pipe . An Amorelli
Wow! All those racks and pipes too! What a way to start the practice of pipe smoking! I am a bit jealous! 🙂
Thank you brother, I am proud to take the lot from a man whom loved the hobby. I respect him and his ability to cherish his wares as long as he did. I also respect things from the past. Since things of today are not nearly as personal amd well made . Be well

Reactions: Browny

argmooner

Lurker
Sep 27, 2022
Wow! All those racks and pipes too! What a way to start the practice of pipe smoking! I am a bit jealous! 🙂
Hi Epip , I acquired a bigger pipe rack from a lot I picked up. It is a wall mount ,maybe 10 straight across . Wall mount . By your comment you may have alot of pipes . Let me know if your interested. I will send it to you for pack and ship price. Also (Craig ) also was interested but I don't see a post from him . I am not too savvy on searching stuff on here . Be well

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Hi Epip , I acquired a bigger pipe rack from a lot I picked up. It is a wall mount ,maybe 10 straight across . Wall mount . By your comment you may have alot of pipes . Let me know if your interested. I will send it to you for pack and ship price. Also (Craig ) also was interested but I don't see a post from him . I am not too savvy on searching stuff on here . Be well
Wow! Might you post a photo or message me?