PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collector0490

Lurker
Jun 7, 2021
I have long enjoyed cigars but have in recent months discovered the pure pleasure of smoking a pipe! The aroma is second to none and I still can't believe the flavor! I have managed to acquire a nice collection of antique Meerschaum's about which I'm sure I will have many questions for the more seasoned aficionado's in the future. For now just wanted to say hello and happy to join the group! I welcome any and all advice and guidance.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Welcome from Western Canada! Congratulations on acquiring some nice meerschaum pipes. My great uncle smoked a meerschaum and was proud of its colouring. I have one that is figural and one non-figural meerschaum in his honour.

Reactions: OzPiper

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have long enjoyed cigars but have in recent months discovered the pure pleasure of smoking a pipe! The aroma is second to none and I still can't believe the flavor! I have managed to acquire a nice collection of antique Meerschaum's about which I'm sure I will have many questions for the more seasoned aficionado's in the future. For now just wanted to say hello and happy to join the group! I welcome any and all advice and guidance.
Welcome from Sydney, Oz.
And here I was thinking that @condorlover and @weezel had cornered the entire ancient meer market.
Love to see your collection of meers, so please post some (or lots of) pics

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I'm thinking about getting a humidor and a small cigar collection, but I don't like the idea of spending the premium that the cigar world has attached to it, lol.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

Attachments

• 1623164226977.png
    1623164226977.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 0

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I personally like cigars but love pipes. There is just more to enjoy. More variety more angles. And seriously pipe tobacco is so cheap compared to cigars yet can have the same quality of leaf. You don't need a perfect wrapper leaf to make two pipe bowls :).

Status
Not open for further replies.