PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
I just recieved my new Mr Brog (waited 3 weeks to arrive from Poland) . It smokes perfectly cool and fits the hand well. Here's a few pictures with quarter for size reference.

bUrEZd73LLAHLnzM7

https://goo.gl/photos/bUrEZd73LLAHLnzM7

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
I've seen good and bad reviews of Mr Brog and pear wood pipes for that matter. I figured I'd give it a shot. If it goes down hill I'm out a total of $23.00, and Ill have learned what not to buy. I'll follow up after it gets some heavy use. I am admittedly a novice, If anyone can break this thing, I can ;)

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
Thanks, Pagan. This one seems to like the frog as well, WAY too early to be sure though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ey8pxh53lu7rs/20160903_141844.jpg?dl=0

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoyed my Mr Brog Scoot today. Smokes great. This is not the shape I am usually attracted to, but this pipe does attract me. It is big enough to fill my hand.

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
The shape was different enough that I had to give it a shot. Likely the only tomato like pipe I'll ever buy, but it does feel nice in my hand. I'm still in the early stages of PAD, trying to build a good rotation without going broke....

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
So I need I need the voices of experience on this one. I've been smoking this one on and off to break it in. I pulled the filter, found it's not for me. Now I notice that the shank turns a bit and is generally loose. Is this to be expected smoking a filtered without the filter, or is this a sign of cheap craftsmanship? It still smokes just fine, just wobbles a bit...

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
Live and learn. Think I'm going to get a couple MM's, cobs seem to impart little to no taste to the tobacco, and I like to have one to travel with to keep from losing or breaking a good pipe. Its a shame, brog makes a couple good looking pipes too...

morbious81

Lurker
Sep 1, 2016
I figured it was a craftsmanship issue. I wasnt expectibg a high grade pipe for the price. This thing does smoke well though. Well enough that Im willing to tolerate the wobble. It does make me a bit gun shy about buying another Brog though. Time will tell. Ordered up the MM grab bag to have pipes to rotate. Only have a H.I.S. and this Brog right now. I cool and dry both, but dont want to over use either.

Status
Not open for further replies.