PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
So today I've got a little time on my hands and tried to imagine a logo for New Zealand Briar Society. I hope I am not stepping on any toes :wink:

Here are some designs I made:

2019-03-11_-_new_zealand_briar_society_01_pl-600x565.png

2019-03-11_-_new_zealand_briar_society_02_pl-600x565.png

2019-03-11_-_new_zealand_briar_society_03_pl-600x565.png

2019-03-11_-_new_zealand_briar_society_04_pl-600x565.png

Which would you prefer?

:puffy:

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Nice job on the artwork. Overall I like the last one the best, mostly because the fern is a bit smaller and doesn't compete with the pipe so much. By the way where abouts are you located?

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
2, 3 & 4 all look good! I’m in for a tee shirt! I’m down in Christchurch every 6 weeks usually on a week days. Maybe we can arrange a pipe club meeting.

derhammer

Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Very glad you all liked it. Thanks

I'm currently looking where to best have it made actually.

And yeah definitely down for a club meeting :puffy:

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
hi guys i forgot about this thread and found it again by accident, how are you all doing?

i was thinking about starting a kiwi pipe smoking facebook page but have no idea how to admin or what settings to use in the group, maybe a new zealand briar society page. what do you guys think? would you all join? i moved to timaru last xmas and bugger it all i might be moving again down to waimate. let me know what you think of a FB page if someone can advise with admin id be happy to run it, sweet smokes to all you lot

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Hi kiwiazz74, there are so few of us it may be an very small FB group. This forum is being upgraded this year I believe. Maybe it would be better to wait and see what the new forum page and features look like. Perhaps clubs could have sub-forum boards? Anyway after recent events in NZ I was thinking of chucking in my FB account. I am just about over all the negative BS that funnels into it.

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Hey kiwiazz. That’s not a bad idea but there are only a few pipe smokers I know of, perhaps it would bring a few more out of the woodwork. If you are keen to then start a page up and see what happens, could be good to arrange meet-ups from time to time.

derhammer

Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Great idea Kiwiazz.

I havent been using facebook anymore for the last 5 years or so but I agree it may attract more kiwi pipe smokers.

Charf, I think the forum will get update come June or something?
Anyway, as I am new in NZ, it is not actually illegal to smoke to smoke in public is it? This is only my second week in Chch and I always get strange looks everytime walking down the streets with my pipe clenched :D

derhammer

Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience ordering from smokingpipes.com to NZ?

I saw that their shipping option is quite cheap.

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
its not illegal to smoke in public but the PC brainwashed anti tobacco folk will throw stones at you for doing it.

i get looks as well i dont care, bugger them, i dare anyone to hassle me to my face about smoking i like to hassle back about alcohol, if i had as many drinks as ive had smokes id be fully dead.

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Had to go to Thames yesterday to visit the in-laws. My 2 girls when for a walk up Main Street. At the vegan cafe they saw “an old guy” smoking a pipe with his coffee on their street side tables. They thought it was interesting so they stole a photo of home to show me. Prior to me pipe smoking they probably wouldn’t have noticed. Thought it was quite funny.

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
do any of the kiwis on here have any ideas on what i could label a box of 25 big fat cigars for customs?

i cant think of anything atm that looks like a bundle of sticks

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
do any of the kiwis on here have any ideas on what i could label a box of 25 big fat cigars for customs?

i cant think of anything atm that looks like a bundle of sticks

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Hi NZ pipe smokers, what are you smoking?

Tonight I’m enjoying some C&D Bayou Night in a Savenelli 673.