PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My trouble with the gloom and doom prophets of climate change is today science is already threatened enough (40% of Americans believe in a 6,000 year old earth) without a secular and pseudo science based apocalyptic fallacy, especially such an expensive one.

How can we persuade people to vaccinate themselves and their children, if scientists are preaching rising sea levels and warnings of mass extinction to people who really have not accepted the world is billions of years old yet?

It’s a matter of verification and trust, you know?

There are buildings in Venice Italy where the water line of sea level has been measured for over 600 years.

—-

In fact, the results suggest a turning point in the change of absolute sea level for the mid fifteenth century, quite consistent with the literature: sea level must have dropped from a maximum elevation during the Mediaeval Warm Period, when absolute sea level was 12 to 21 cm higher than today, to a minimum around 1730, as a result of the Little Ice Age. Since the Little Ice Age global warming has led to an accelerated sea level rise, which is illustrated by the long-term data set for Venice.

—-

The earth is vast and we are very small.

And the earth used to be a ball of molten rock, until it cooled.

—-

Chemical signatures in 3.7-billion-year-old basalt rocks from Greenland support the long-held theory that Earth was once almost entirely molten. We know very little about what early Earth looked like – but one theory says that at several times it was almost entirely molten, a magma ocean.
—-

When I was a kid holy roller preachers would come to town to fleece the gullible over predictions Christ was coming soon.

He hasn’t yet, but I’d think He’d be disappointed, you know?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't take all climate change effects on faith, but neither would I invest in ocean front property (or lake or riverfront for that matter). If you have the resources to absorb the loss and want a place to escape for vacation, it could be worthwhile, but if you are looking for a solid investment to pass along the next (or the next) generation, it's a poor choice.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Just inject some Helium into the concrete mix they use to build any new skyscrapers and it'll all even out. Do I have to think of everything?

So in 15 years it will have plunged the depth of one of the new smaller Peterson pipes ???

They should be more worried about " ... it becoming overpopulated and tipping over and capsizing ..." :eek: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
When I was a kid a holy roller doomsday prophecy preacher named Garner Ted Armstrong had a 30 minute show in the evening on KWTO.

The radio in the milk barn was high on the wall and set permanently to KWTO, and Daddy would leave it plugged in while Garner Ted was on a tear against modern day sin, vice, wickedness and the nearly complete prophecies that proved the four horsemen of Revelation were just about ready to ride.

Daddy had been the Superintendent of the Chosen and Elected Elders of the Humansville Christian Church since 1947 when he’d married Mama who was a daughter of a 1901 graduate of Weaubleau Christian College under Whittaker. It’s amazing to me now he let me listen to The World Tomorrow.

Daddy once asked me, what I thought of Garner Ted Armstrong.

My reply was he was cherry picking scriptures and was a flat out con artist who was fleecing the gullible who listened to him.

His query to me was, if Garner Ted genuinely thought mankind needed to repent or the world would end, wasn’t it good of him to warn mankind?

My answer was that the show was an obvious fraud, but yes, if he genuinely believed what he was preaching he was trying to save us all from hellfire.

Daddy ended the discussion by declaring that anyone could pull the plug on Garner Ted anytime they wanted, so we should judge not, lest we be judged.

My opinion of the doom prophets of man made climate change is about the same I had of Garner Ted Armstrong.

But so long as they keep it separate from the state like they do other such religions, it’s everybody’s choice, what they believe.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Except, it is a modern day religion for some…. State sponsored.

My church claimed it was founded on April 3, 33 AD at the Foot of the Cross.

A ragged little group that walked with our Master escaped persecution and lived long enough to tell the most beautiful story ever told, of love and forgiveness, charity and mercy, tolerance and kindness.

Yet if children were compelled by the laws of man to become Christians, then the Garner Ted Armstrongs of this world might have more power than they do already. The original Christian Churches might well be the first closed down.

But the state does accommodate all religions.

Let the gloom prophets of climate change have freedom of thought and speech.

But Congress should pass no law respecting a prediction of climate change.

If they are correct, our grandchildren will know.

Reactions: Pooh-Bah

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
I also just read that office occupancy is down significantly in urban centers which is a huge drain on city budgets (way less property tax from selling the office space). So maybe the problem will solve itself?