New to the Forum. Not New to Pipe Smoking.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2021
Hello from St. Louis! I've been reading posts on this forum for years. I finally decided to join today.

A little about me: I've been smoking a pipe for going on 20 years. My first was a MM cob. My first tobacco was Captain Black, which I selected because that's what my grandfather smoked. After a few years, I realized my palette was developing beyond CB. I went through a Peterson phase, a C&D phase, and a G.L. Pease phase. I eventually found the latter too heavy in nicotine, which is fine. I think people who smoke pipes primarily for the nic will love Pease. Those who smoke primarily for flavor might find it a bit too strong (just my humble opinion). For the last 10 years I've smoked mostly Mac Baren. My favs are anything in their HH line. When I want something milder I go for their Scottish Blend. When I want aromatics, anything from their 7 Seas line will do, but 7 Seas Black for the win.

As for my gear, I smoke primarily Savs and Petersons, with a few Grabows thrown in, several cobs, one Dunhill, and one Mr. Brog, which, I have to say, despite the negative reviews this brand usually gets, has been one hell of an awesome pipe in my rotation. It's the Brog Navigator. Nice, reliable little pipe. I suppose if I was pressed to name my favorite pipe, I'd have to say a good old trusty cob you can ride hard will satisfy 10 times out of 10.

Jun 1, 2021
Just as a follow-up thought, anyone who smokes Captain Black should try MB's 7 Seas Black. In my humble opinion, it's everything CB tries to be and should be. It's a good, rewarding aromatic that, unlike CB, doesn't feel like smoking candy.

Reactions: chopper and dcon
Jun 1, 2021
Welcome from a lifetime, third generation Cardinals fan, now in NE FL.
Regrettably, I had to walk away from MLB. I was raised on Whiteyball in the 1980s, but MLB has changed the game too much for me. No slide rule. Too much shifting (which takes away from my favorite element of the game: defense), instant replay, timers, and... worst of all, the DH in the NL. I just had to say "enough is enough." Can't watch it anymore. I really think the shift killed baseball.

Hello from St. Louis! I've been reading posts on this forum for years. I finally decided to join today.

A little about me: I've been smoking a pipe for going on 20 years. My first was a MM cob. My first tobacco was Captain Black, which I selected because that's what my grandfather smoked. After a few years, I realized my palette was developing beyond CB. I went through a Peterson phase, a C&D phase, and a G.L. Pease phase. I eventually found the latter too heavy in nicotine, which is fine. I think people who smoke pipes primarily for the nic will love Pease. Those who smoke primarily for flavor might find it a bit too strong (just my humble opinion). For the last 10 years I've smoked mostly Mac Baren. My favs are anything in their HH line. When I want something milder I go for their Scottish Blend. When I want aromatics, anything from their 7 Seas line will do, but 7 Seas Black for the win.

As for my gear, I smoke primarily Savs and Petersons, with a few Grabows thrown in, several cobs, one Dunhill, and one Mr. Brog, which, I have to say, despite the negative reviews this brand usually gets, has been one hell of an awesome pipe in my rotation. It's the Brog Navigator. Nice, reliable little pipe. I suppose if I was pressed to name my favorite pipe, I'd have to say a good old trusty cob you can ride hard will satisfy 10 times out of 10.
Welcome from tropical North Queensland, Australia! Thankyou for the pointers to Mac Baren's different blends.

Reactions: chopper

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Regrettably, I had to walk away from MLB. I was raised on Whiteyball in the 1980s, but MLB has changed the game too much for me. No slide rule. Too much shifting (which takes away from my favorite element of the game: defense), instant replay, timers, and... worst of all, the DH in the NL. I just had to say "enough is enough." Can't watch it anymore. I really think the shift killed baseball.
Nothing is worse than DH in the National League. NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.