PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was eyeing this one earlier today and trying to resist. Then SP dropped 20% off on me. Trigger pulled. I have always been very impressed with Tsuge's lower end pipes, as they are a fantastic value and excellent smokers. Been wanting to "upgrade" to one of their higher end hand made pipes for a while now, just been waiting for the right one (not a huge fan of the refonkulously wonky shapes). Rather gently smoked, super minimalist, and in great condition. Very excited to load it up!

new tsuge 2.jpg
new tsuge.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All I have is a Tsuge "tasting pipe," which is actually a larger medium size straight blast taper-stemed billiard that I bought on sale for about forty bucks. The fit and finish is well done, and the blast, though lightly textured, is distinct and, to me, quite attractive. It smokes well, and I think it will season into a truly fine smoker. I'm guessing these were done for some event and unloaded when it was over.

Reactions: trubka2 and jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
All I have is a Tsuge "tasting pipe," which is actually a larger medium size straight blast taper-stemed billiard that I bought on sale for about forty bucks. The fit and finish is well done, and the blast, though lightly textured, is distinct and, to me, quite attractive. It smokes well, and I think it will season into a truly fine smoker. I'm guessing these were done for some event and unloaded when it was over.

I have a tasting series billiard as well (although its a shape 16, really more of a tall, skinny, stack) and it is one of my favorite pipes. It is an absolutely amazing shag burner, and part of what inspired me to finally acquire one of the more high end Tsuge products. Their lower end pipes such as The Tasting series (which are an ongoing series continuing to be produced in billiard, pot, and stack shapes, just FYI) are an amazing value, and should be high on the list of any smoker, new or old, for rotation workhorses. They are ultra lightweight as well.

002-099-6651.5986.jpg

Reactions: trubka2

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Their lower end pipes such as The Tasting series (which are an ongoing series continuing to be produced in billiard, pot, and stack shapes, just FYI) are an amazing value, and should be high on the list of any smoker, new or old, for rotation workhorses. They are ultra lightweight as well.
If they were bent I would agree wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.