PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'm cataloging my road trip from NC to IA and back again in another thread, but thought I'd share some of my finds in their own thread. This one here was an estate pipe rack find for about $30. It has places for 4 pipes and the ones I brought with me look great in it! I didn't think it was a bad price for something I really liked and will have a place on my bookshelf for other pipes I might not smoke as often. It'll likely be more of a display piece. Main reason for that, is it already has a couple cracks that concern me. Should there be some accidental toppling event at home with the dog and cat at play, I don't want to find it broken.
Pipe Rack, Front:

20180904_200639-600x291.jpg

Pipe Rack, Back:

20180904_200702-600x291.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
There doesn't appear to be. There's an old piece of paper that appears to have been glued to the bottom to cover up the two holes and it feels like there could be something like lettering beneath it where it's covered. I'd had have to run the old paper over it with a pencil trick to see if anything is revealed, but nothing that's truly obvious.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I was in an antique shop a few days ago and was a little surprised to see that same rack. It seems you paid the right price as they were asking the same as you paid. It did have a little gold sticker on it that said "Japan" so that may be the country of origin for the rack. Hope this helps shed a little light on your rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.