PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimT

Lurker
Sep 29, 2020
Welcome from Colorado! I love Lexington, and went to UK for graduate school. Have you been to Schwab's or Fayette Cigar?
I haven't visited Fayette Cigar. Schwab's is quite another matter. I'm in Schwab's monthly for pipe tobacco. I've frequented them since Paul was in Lexington Mall( no longer in existance). They now have a shop on Southland Drive.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I haven't visited Fayette Cigar. Schwab's is quite another matter. I'm in Schwab's monthly for pipe tobacco. I've frequented them since Paul was in Lexington Mall( no longer in existance). They now have a shop on Southland Drive.
Fayette Cigar (right downtown by the main library) is great, and Dale is a good guy to know. If you want some hard-to-find blends, you could do worse than perusing his shelves every few weeks. That's where I got most of my Gawith, Esoterica, etc.

JimT

Lurker
Sep 29, 2020
Fayette Cigar (right downtown by the main library) is great, and Dale is a good guy to know. If you want some hard-to-find blends, you could do worse than perusing his shelves every few weeks. That's where I got most of my Gawith, Esoterica, etc.

Thus far I haven't experimented with many blends. I found a cherry based blend I really enjoy and have mostly stuck with it. My experimentation has been more with pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. Kentucky and I go way back. My one sister and her ex started out there with the university with him in a post-doc. Then my college friend was there for decades at the paper and retired there but has now moved close to family in St. Louis. I love Mammoth Cave, have done several tours including the underground river.

JimT

Lurker
Sep 29, 2020
Welcome from central N.C. Kentucky and I go way back. My one sister and her ex started out there with the university with him in a post-doc. Then my college friend was there for decades at the paper and retired there but has now moved close to family in St. Louis. I love Mammoth Cave, have done several tours including the underground river.

Thanks. I see you like a churchwarden. I have 5 and like them, but my favorite pipe is the gourd calabash. I've had 1 for some time. I found a couple of good deals on eBay.....and I now have 3

Status
Not open for further replies.