PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I am very happy with this new commission from Tim Thorpe. It's a Devil Anse in his charred briar contrast finish, expertly blasted and with a moss Ebonite stem. Designed for Virginia tobaccos, especially flakes, it is breaking in really well. He's a hell of a guy to work with as well.
img_20160808_180934-600x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Never heard of him, but love that blast! That stem looks a bit like green cumberland. Very nice! :clap:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
@jpmcwjr, it does look that way from that angle. The darker stripes are better seen from the top or bottom, but I wanted a weathered look.

@chasingembers, I am a bit surprised that you haven't heard of him. He's a great artisan, one pipe at a time kind of guy. This was pipe 983 for him, and his blast is definitely among the best. You can see more of his work at Tim Thorpe Pipesand he is very responsive on Facebook, if you social network.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Thanks @cigrmaster. He does make great pipes, the attention to the small details sets him apart from many. And his prices are beyond reasonable for the work. I can't buy many because it is still artisan prices, but this was worth the treat to myself.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's a nice little number. I don't think I ever would have chosen either the stain or the stem color on their own, but together they look fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.