PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Got an estate Joh's sandblasted bent billiard, a tin of Black House, and a tin of Deep Hollow in today from SPC...
6rmt7m.jpg

Had to try the Black House since everybody was raving about it.. Smoked my first bowl in my PM2012...
35iykco.jpg

Must say I think I am now a Black House convert!!!

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Wow, everyone is talking about the Black House! Maybe I'll have to pick some of that up soon too! That bent billiard is nice and I love the stem on your pm2012!

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks Vin, I chose that stem because I thought it would look sweet when the patina started to develop, and so far I have not been disappointed with it..

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I am absolutely sure that it would look amazing with a developed patina haha it already looks damned good!

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
It actually looks better than in the photo, the flash washed out some of the lighter shading...

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is a gorgeous pipe. I think Black House is good but I still like Penzance and Iwan Ries Gourmet English better. Everyone has different tastes though plus I feel like I am a newb still.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Holy moly, the stem on that PM2012 is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! Like cream being poured into coffee! 8)

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks guys... love them both, the stem on my pm2012 is pretty awesome, thought about contacting Storient to see if I could get a churchwarden style stem in the vanilla swirl made for it..

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It actually looks better than in the photo, the flash washed out some of the lighter shading...
I had the same problem when photographing mine! We have te same pipe/stem combo and it looks great.
Photoman, maybe you and Hobie1dog can start a Penzance cult! Shows the difference in taste. I put nearly a full tin of Penzance in the box pass, because I just didn't find myself reaching for it that much. Someone will love it or Hobie will steal it if it makes it that far.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
@gwtwdbss Thanks, I have an estate Joh's freehand sitter that I love, and had been looking to pick up another of his pipes. Saw this one the other day in the email they sent out, and when I pulled it up on the website they had it listed for $45, so I grabbed it before it disappeared.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
@baron, yep I was going for the blue stem originaly, but after reading your post of the color you chose and why, I changed my mind. Black House is definantly going to be a reorder, Think I will go bulk and pick up a lb for the cellar, and now have to smoke up the rest of my english blends so they won't just sit...

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I am very interested in getting the PM2012 pipe myself now. How much was yours with the caramel swirl stem on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.