PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like something I could enjoy, simplicity with a professional guiding the proportions. I am deep in blends relative to my bowls-per-day, but this one sounds like a winner. The Smokey Mountains are in my part of the country, as an extra incentive.

kyleweiss

Lurker
Feb 12, 2016
Reno, NV
www.pipesmagazine.com
Hi guys...

...sorry for the late reply, been moving all week.

It’s an 80S Peterson for sure, from the “Premier” line as it is stamped, likely from the 70s or 80s. A gift from a good friend who found it to have too small a tobacco chamber, it was also subject to an alteration: the P-lip being shaved down to a saddle-type button, just to see if it could be done. It smokes wonderfully, currently has the nickname “Dinky,” and is one of my more cherished briars in one of my favorite shapes from Peterson. Humble in looks with a good story attached...just like me ?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This sounds like a very nice blend, but boy, it's a bit on the expensive side. I'm a big fan of DFK-based blends, and Russ' blends too, so I'll almost certainly try it. But it will have to be pretty spectacular to justify the extra cost.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Thanks for the review! Sounds interesting gonna order me some next payday. This is my first fall as a pipe smoker so im on the lookout for good blends to suit the season.

I found a couple petersons that are similar but not the same stem...

The Hudson
View attachment 5932
And the Squire
View attachment 5933
thanks Haha yeah I have found those and am thinking of buying one like that

Status
Not open for further replies.