PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I haven't logged into the site in a long while but I have not forgotten about any of you. But these scores of mine recently has compelled me to log in and show them off!!
Me and the girlfriend went antiquing the other day and I found another pipe that caught my eye and that I had to have. It's a yello-bole metal pipe much like my falcons that I love so much. I am smoking my first bowl from it as I type and so far I have to say the falcon is king still... For now.
My second score is something I have wanted ever since I very first started smoking a pipe. And that's a Nimrod lighter!! I gave up looking through antique shops for them and grabbed this one from eBay. It is so beautiful and is in excelent shape!!! I'm stoked!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got my nimrod from ebay a few years ago unused. Too bad it's not pristine anymore! Congrats on the score!

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
<p>Congratulations on the pipe. I recently scooped up two Vikings on eBay for 7$ each. I restored them and gave one to my younger brother for Christmas and can't stop smoking the one I kept. If I had known they smoke as well as they do, I never would've given the other one away

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
So I have been using the nimrod exclusively since I got it. It's a bummer because it doesn't like to stay lit while lighting my pipe!!! And it takes a while to actually get the tobacco lit on top of that. It's beautiful though!! Unfortunately the zippo just works so much better so I guess I will be sticking with that most of the time.
Maybe I am using it wrong? Not holding it correctly over the pipe? Not sure...

Dec 24, 2012
Nice going! Always wanted a Nimrod - well, I already have one in the form of my brother-in-law - but I mean a Nimrod lighter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't use pipe lighters, but that's a great Yello-Bole metal stem pipe, very handsome.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice pick ups. I have a Nimrod but it needs repair. I bought it new about 40+ years ago. Enjoy yours. They have such a "cool factor" about them.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Thread hijack:
About 7 years ago a new family moved in across the street from me. The neighborhood I live in has a high concentration of Jewish families and recently many have come over from Israel. I was outside working and saw the husband and went over to introduce myself and welcome him to the neighborhood. We shook hands and I introduced myself and he responded with "My name is Nimrod". I actually looked over his shoulder (I am 6'1" and this bastard HAS to be 6'5" on a bad day) as if someone was behind him. I looked into his eyes and repeated his name, and he nodded. I thought I was getting punked but apparently not.
Sorry for the hijack but whenever someone uses this word I have to tell this story. Most people think I am shitting them but its true.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
A man that size could have been named Sue without it causing much trouble in life.
Back to Nimrod lighters, I have been tempted to get my hands on one, but matches just work too well. Maybe I will splurge someday - papipeguy is right about the cool factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.