PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticrunner

Lurker
Jun 21, 2017
Washington State,USA
As I'm new to pipes and pipe smoking, there was a whole world to investigate! The Savinelli line is truly my favourite and while I'm Celtic at heart and in my soul (Scottish,Irish and Welsh), my Italian heritage seems to have won out on this as far as pipes go. So my first new and premier pipe chosen was the Tortuga 305 Rustica. What a beauty this is!! Can't wait to look for other Savinelli pipes!
Seumas Dòmhnal Ross

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A significant number of my pipes are Savenelli, including a Hercules Oom-Paul, a 601 churchwarden, an Opera bent bulldog, and several once unfinished pipes that have finished themselves (or I have) through smoking. I'm smoking a Peterson right now, and I have a number of artisanal pipes, but I always enjoy the Sav's when they come around in rotation. Welcome aboard. I also have some Scotch-Irish, maybe Welsh, along with English, and perhaps some other and various ancestry that didn't fit the family self-image. Ha, the predominantly English barely admitted the Scotch-Irish ... such is life.

May 4, 2015
Welcome! One could easily build on entire pipe-smoking career on Savinellis alone and probably be fairly happy. Well - that and cobs.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I have several Savs that I like, and none I don't like. I am also of Celtic bent, but the closest to a Scottish pipe is a, uh, Parker, but bought in Edinburgh. And some Petersons I got in Dublin.
Welcome to the forum!

Jun 27, 2016
Is that a cork for the chamber? Is that so you can keep a load of fresh tobacco in the pipe? If not, what is it? it doesn't look like a wind cap, and it looks a little ungainly to be an ideal tamper. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.