Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This has been added to the master rules.

Complaints About a Service / Product / Maker / Brand

Publicly posting a complaint about any service, product, maker, or brand is only allowed AFTER you have contacted them directly with the issue, and given them 36 hours to respond, and another 24 hours to resolve the isuue.

We DO NOT ALLOW posts like this:

"I am unhappy with this pipe I just bought because of....... How in the heck could they even sell this thing... blah blah blah. Should I call them and complain? Should I return it?"

Yes. You should contact them before making a post about it, and you should only post about it if it is unresolved.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Where is the line drawn between this type of complaint and a legitimate bad review of a product?

View attachment 61175
That IS a good question.

A review should not address any issues with customer service, shipping or purchasing. It is more about your personal opinion and experience with the product itself.

Review: I love the complex flavor of this tobacco ... or I'm not a fan of this blend, as it is too one note for me.

Complaint: When I opened the tin of tobacco I found it to be covered in mold. Gross! I called, and they apologized, and sent a new tin right away.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
That IS a good question.

A review should not address any issues with customer service, shipping or purchasing. It is more about your personal opinion and experience with the product itself.

Review: I love the complex flavor of this tobacco ... or I'm not a fan of this blend, as it is too one note for me.

Complaint: When I opened the tin of tobacco I found it to be covered in mold. Gross! I called, and they apologized, and sent a new tin right away.
Good clarification!

I realized I would be breaking the new rule if I didn't include that last line. Sometimes it's hard being a forums admin.
Thanks Kevin, we appreciate all that you do in keeping this place open for us. Without this place, all of us lunatics would just be out wandering around on the streets, and that should scare people. puffy

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I realized I would be breaking the new rule if I didn't include that last line. Sometimes it's hard being a forums admin.
That's perfectly fine, I would never question the ethics of someone that has perfect hair, is perfectly shaved, has a perfectly tied tie (half Windsor I'm assuming) and meticulously trimmed nose hairs...nope, I would never do that and I will chastise anyone that does! :sher:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's perfectly fine, I would never question the ethics of someone that has perfect hair, is perfectly shaved, has a perfectly tied tie (half Windsor I'm assuming) and meticulously trimmed nose hairs...nope, I would never do that and I will chastise anyone that does! :sher:
I prefer the four-in-hand knot.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
It's a good rule. Other places I frequent, I see way too many posts putting vendors on blast, and most of the time, the poster didn't even bother contacting the vendor, or they didn't even read all the policies or terms on the vendor's site. And just to add insult to injury, a lot of the time the stuff they're complaining about isn't actually the fault of the vendor (defective product out of the box, USPS lost it for 3 weeks, et cetera).

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually Kevin is spot on. From a personal perspective when Dan, myself and our friends from P&C rolled out of the garage with the release of John Cottons, War Horse etc we got hit with a veritable sh*t storm from certain people that could have strangled SToP at birth. Kevin was really good with the Mods to make sure we were not DOA and because of that you are still enjoying the blends to this day. Something for which I will always be eternally grateful for and we should all raise a glass to Kevin for that action!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
So, as just another bystander like all of the other forum users, this means that if we see someone post a complaint, we shouldn't engage them or try to straighten them out or teach them a lesson, just click and report them. Let the hard working mods take care of the mess. Am I right?
Either way works. If it was just posted, you can feel free to point out the rule. If the thread grows into a shit storm, or looks like it's headed that way, then hit the report button.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
What about: "I ordered a tin of Exoterica and after taking two months to get here it was all moldly and bug-ridden. I contacted them but they blamed the courier and closed the case" ?

There are no positives there; would that be breaking the rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.