Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Awesome! I have been checking out a few other designs from the same series since this 1 came in
I have a Vittoria Canadian and the 320 Author. They smoke every bit as well as my similar Savinelli models but just aren’t as pretty. The Savs are usually lovely briars to begin with and the stems are higher quality, but I can’t criticize the less expensive Rossi models. They are a good value for the money and smoke just fine.

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
I just got a Rossi Piccolo, the cutty. I really like the weight and size, but I find the draw hole to be rather large. When I inhale, I occasionally draw in some tobacco. I find that annoying . Do others find this with the Rossi pipes as well? Maybe it is just my pipe. Maybe I need to pack more carefully.

Reactions: smknron and Ethan

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I just got a Rossi Piccolo, the cutty. I really like the weight and size, but I find the draw hole to be rather large. When I inhale, I occasionally draw in some tobacco. I find that annoying . Do others find this with the Rossi pipes as well? Maybe it is just my pipe. Maybe I need to pack more carefully.
I have not had any of this same issue, but I think the bent shape of the Oom Paul may be less likely to allow tobacco up the stem. Draft hole appears quite standard in size to me as well though

Reactions: UncleRasta and beef

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
I get that once in great while but not usually a problem. Sometimes a shag cut, finer cut tobacco can do that.

Reactions: Ethan and beef

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
I wonder if anyone here can answer a question about my Rossi pipe. When it arrived, it came with a little black nib that fits in the pipe, not securely but flush. It doesn't fit with the stem at all, so I can't figure out what it is. It is like a thick black straw that is 1.5-2" long. Does this nib have a purpose?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Some Savs come with a spacer tube that can be used instead of the 6mm balsa filter but I’ve never seen that on a Rossi and they generally aren’t drilled for a filter anyway.

Maybe just some dude at the factory putting random shit in the pipe to mess with the customer, lol? I really don’t have any clue what else it would be.

Reactions: Ethan and beef

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
Some Savs come with a spacer tube that can be used instead of the 6mm balsa filter but I’ve never seen that on a Rossi and they generally aren’t drilled for a filter anyway.

Maybe just some dude at the factory putting random shit in the pipe to mess with the customer, lol? I really don’t have any clue what else it would be.
Ya, it definitely doesn't fit like a filter would.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Both Oom Pauls arrived today. Pleased with both of them.

The Savinelli 613 is a 3/4 bent and incredibly light weight, beautifully shaped, and smokes great.

The Rossi is full bent and considerably heavier with stout proportions and rusticated, smokes great too.

Very happy with both rather spontaneous purchases. Didn’t really need more pipes but ... it happens.

Depending on how well I like them I might actually get a full on traditional model. Damn near pulled the trigger on a Capri Root today as well. It’s a sickness, lol.

Reactions: Ethan and Cotton1