PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
This one came in the mail today. I wanted the pipe net reamer in addition of my senior reamer but found it too expensive. I have considered the copy from castleford but was lucky a few days ago with this brandnew PipNET tool. Unpacking it it came clear to me why it was so expensive - it´s Swiss made! :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great in the right hands, yours no doubt. The unskilled can do a world of damage. I'm sort of

anti-cake-building anyway, so I don't even own one. But I'm in a small minority on that. For

resto they are mandatory, I believe.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I like the Savinelli "fitsall" and the Senior. The "fitsall" works in every bowl I own. More of a learning curve than the Senior though and requires a delicate touch. I'm just not organized enough to keep track of the various "bits" for the Pipnet.
The "pipnet" looks to make it easy to center in the bowl, for the diameters the attachments are designed for.
One more observation: I do like the "T" handle. You can generate a lot of torque when needed.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
I think the pipe restorer needs both of them. The Senior Reamer won´t reach the lower third of a bowl but is adjustable. The PIPNET reamer reaches the bottom of the bowl where necessary. Harm can be done with both of them and of course the trusty pocket knife of yours in particularly.
@mso489: I am totally with you and believe the "the cake" is overestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.