PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastmon

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2022
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys,

Just want to introduce myself. I’m from Vancouver BC, been smoking pipes for a few months now and really enjoy it. I was a ciggie smoker for 20+ years and gave up a couple years ago, was off all smoke for about a year then found cigars. I love them but that price is hard to justify for a daily habit. So I tried pipe tobacco and didn’t think it could take the place of cigars at first, but now I’ve gotten into the swing of things I tend to keep the cigars to once or twice a month in more social settings.
Anyway, been going through many of these posts and thought I’d join and try and contribute if and when I can.
Cheers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from N.C./U.S. Yes, huge savings with pipes. For the cost of one premium cigar you can buy a premium tin of pipe tobacco that will give you twenty smokes, or four ounces in bulk tobacco that will give you forty. And you can do your own mixes with single leaf or condiment tobaccos. I like a good cigar, but the pipe is the thing.

Reactions: Jacob74

Eastmon

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2022
Vancouver, BC
Welcome from N.C./U.S. Yes, huge savings with pipes. For the cost of one premium cigar you can buy a premium tin of pipe tobacco that will give you twenty smokes, or four ounces in bulk tobacco that will give you forty. And you can do your own mixes with single leaf or condiment tobaccos. I like a good cigar, but the pipe is the thing.
The variety of taste is a big one for me. Whoda thunk tobacco could take of the flavors it does, even if it makes you work for it

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Variety is the spice of life! :)

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Eastmon
Status
Not open for further replies.