36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Jan 19, 2021
Just purchased estate pipe - really like the style - rustic with 1/4 bent stem. Embossed with "London Tower, Made in London England". Can someone tell me manufacturer name? A bit of information? Surprising how little my internet searches are bringing up. Thank you.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I love history and some day hope to obtain a very old pipe. I'm clueless and have nothing to offer but can't wait to see how this unfolds!

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
That shape and overall style sure is similar to one of my Dunhill pipes but the nomenclature is most certainly not Dunhill.

Could you also snap a couple pictures of the button and a close up of the tenon with the stem removed? That might help.

Nice looking prince though!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Jan 19, 2021
Comoy had pipes stamped as ‘London Tower’.

Hmm ?

I had found this as well - however no similarity. Thanks!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Did you just buy this on a eBay?

This looks like the same pipe, as listed from Comoy.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jan 19, 2021
Did you just buy this on a eBay?

This looks like the same pipe, as listed from Comoy.
Yes - Ebay recently. It was listed as Comoy - however I am having a hard time verifying ...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I had found this as well - however no similarity. Thanks!

The similarity is the wording ‘London Tower’ stamped on the side. ;)

I wasn’t referring to the shapes.
Yes - Ebay recently. It was listed as Comoy - however I am having a hard time verifying ...

Well, since SPC listed a Comoy with ‘London Tower’ and eBay as well, it’s looking like a Comoy for the moment. ?

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
@Roscoe Lawhead when you take pictures always include the Com and and any stampings. It really helps identify any pipe. It looks like a Comoy second. 337 or so prince shape. Nice pipe

Jan 19, 2021
The similarity is the wording ‘London Tower’ stamped on the side. ;)

I wasn’t referring to the shapes.

Well, since SPC listed a Comoy with ‘London Tower’ and eBay as well, it’s looking like a Comoy for the moment. ?
Right - I was surprised at the lack of information (none) available concerning the London Tower designation. When purchased, the scrip did state very little information was available. That sparked my interest as well.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Well, mystery solved. Comoy’s, even seconds, are good quality smokers and hopefully you will get many good years from it. Enjoy.