PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This has been in the works for a while, and still has a fair amount of detail work to go, but I thought you guys might like to see my latest commission.
ebc813b3-9258-4531-b781-b9ceed19307a-449x600.jpg

I’ll post the finished pics once the work is done.
— Pat

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I really like the design and the artist's line variations and shading already. Definitely would like to see when it's finished up. Really nice work!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Comes up nicely. I'm not a tattoo guy, though I spent some time studying the art when in the Navy. My advice is, complete this work and then don't have anything added on your arm/hand. People over-ink and the art is lost in the crowding. That's a tribute to the elephant. As art museums know, much of the impact is in the presentation. Don't cram and clutter.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
What, no coffee? Ha ha, looks great! I love the design.
Actually, funny you should ask, the botanical element up the side is a branch of a coffee shrub with flowers and cherries.
What you gonna name the elephant?
I’m open to suggestions. I’d go with “Uncle Brad”, but I’m pretty sure she’s a she...
— Pat

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Is that briar?!
Damn those new carvers are gettin' good! Trever makes giant squid demons, Olie makes monstrosities, and now someone is doing perfect replica human shoulders that look tattooed.
:clap:
Amazing.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Are we sure that's supposed to be an elephant trunk?
You should know, you modelled for it... we weren’t that drunk.
@George - This is what happens when someone takes the “new material new finishing” creativity too far. While initially it burned well, it has is slowed down to a dull itch.
— Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.