PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
New member here. I think I deserve a new pipe. I will buy an estate pipe since I'm cheap and I actually like the fact that a pipe has been broken in. I have 20 pipes but that is a modest collection compared to most of you. One Dunhill, two Castello Sea Rocks, three Savinelli Autographs, four Petersons, etc. Would you all recommend one $300 pipe or two $150 pipes instead? Maybe I could pick up a Rad Davis for something close to $300? Or a Ser Jacopo or two? I've heard good things about GBD. Thanks for your thoughts.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Check out Mkelaw pipes. For $300 you could buy one or even several fantastic estates. Dave Neeb is a great guy. I just bought another estate pipe from him that will probably ship tomorrow. If I had another $300 to spend my parcel would have been even bigger! I’ve never had any bad experiences with Dave and have gotten a hell of a lot of pipe(s) for the dollars spent.

Also had great experiences with Blue Room Briars and Smoking Pipes for estates.

Happy hunting!

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Check out Mkelaw pipes. For $300 you could buy one or even several fantastic estates. Dave Neeb is a great guy. I just bought another estate pipe from him that will probably ship tomorrow. If I had another $300 to spend my parcel would have been even bigger! I’ve never had any bad experiences with Dave and have gotten a hell of a lot of pipe(s) for the dollars spent.

Also had great experiences with Blue Room Briars and Smoking Pipes for estates.

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the ideas. I will check them out. I was looking at the estates at Mikelaw. I’ve already got more tobacco than I can smoke in the next 10 years!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
New member here. I think I deserve a new pipe. I will buy an estate pipe since I'm cheap and I actually like the fact that a pipe has been broken in. I have 20 pipes but that is a modest collection compared to most of you. One Dunhill, two Castello Sea Rocks, three Savinelli Autographs, four Petersons, etc. Would you all recommend one $300 pipe or two $150 pipes instead? Maybe I could pick up a Rad Davis for something close to $300? Or a Ser Jacopo or two? I've heard good things about GBD. Thanks for your thoughts.
Honestly I'd go two 150 but only because my taste tends to land more in that price range. I find 150 covers the classic shapes done well without excessive flair. So take that with a grain of salt since if you asked the same question but with one pipe per price range, I would give the same advice.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'd go quality over quantity all day long, especially since you have 20 pipes already. Martin Cermak is a great carver. Jack Howell will be slightly more than $300 but I am confident you would find it would be worth it. His pipes look great and smoke as good as anything made. Super guy to work with as well.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
I'd go quality over quantity all day long, especially since you have 20 pipes already. Martin Cermak is a great carver. Jack Howell will be slightly more than $300 but I am confident you would find it would be worth it. His pipes look great and smoke as good as anything made. Super guy to work with as well.
Thanks!