PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
The 2015 New Orleans Pipe Show will hold a pipe carvers contest. The winner will receive a $500 award from contest sponsor TobaccoPipes.com. The pipe can be any shape but the carver MUST be a registered exhibitor of the show to participate. The final judging will be done the day of the show, and it will be done by all those in attendance....that's right, you the attendees of the show get to vote on your favorite pipe. It's the "Pipe Carvers People's Choice Awards". Rules and registration will be available on the website soon..or you can email me at info@nolapipeshow.com for complete rules and registration information....
www.nolapipeshow.com

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
So it's more of a "Best-in-Show" award rather than a carving contest. Does the exhibitor have to be the carver of the pipe??
The prize money is nice. I sent you an email requesting the official rules.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
@kcghost

Does the exhibitor have to be the carver of the pipe??
You're just trying to sneak in one of your ultra-hi grades to stack the deck and use the winnings to pay for all the adult beverages consumed that weekend...:) I on the other hand, will offer free pictures of my entry with the lovely Greta to anyone who votes for me- between my mediocre skills and her stunning looks, I should win the day....:)

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Hey KC..yes the exhibitor must be the carver...but you offer an interesting twist that I may consider in the future...there will be preliminary judging by the New Orleans Pipe Club to get entries down to final 3 and then the final voting will be done by show attendees...and yes it is like a "best in show". Also, the winner has the opportunity to be the carver for the 2016 Show Pipe.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I on the other hand, will offer free pictures of my entry with the lovely Greta to anyone who votes for me- between my mediocre skills and her stunning looks, I should win the day....:) - zack24
Zack, that is cheating to the max... I love the idea! :D

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
The preliminary voting will take place Sept 8th...pictures of all submissions will be posted online. The 3 finalists with be announced shortly after voting and those pipes will be on display at the show for attendee voting at the New Orleans Pipe Club table.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Cheating? Creative Marketing?? Schucks, call it what ever you want just show us Greta. [8)]

This was in Ischia, Italy a couple of summers ago...She's very high maintenance- refuses to smoke anything but Stonehaven...:)

29elzix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.