PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Hi All
Reborn Briar (Alan) and myself are starting a pipe club in Northern Ireland. If you are local and would like to join us please let either of us know. Also any suggestions that would helpful in the running and maintaining of a club would be appreciated.
Hope to hear from you
James

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Seeing as how I was born there, can I be an honorary member? I get home once every couple of years!

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
That's the plan Alan my wife is trying to get the fortnight off. We would come around the 8th of July and stay for two weeks. Would love to get together with you and your wife for dinner. We aren't bringing the kids this trip just the adults. Wife wants to see Bushmills and the Antrim coast. I want to get some pictures of some castles for the little ones. They are castle crazy right now.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
You could be an hononary member and our first international guest speaker

rebornbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2013
United Kingdom
You could be an honorary member and our first international guest speaker
Prepare your speech Rob! There is a castle at the bottom of my street!
Carrickfergus_Castle,_reflections_at_sunset_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1098306.jpg

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Sounds great guys! Do you think you will be able to understand my strong accent? :rofl:

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
It is neat to see other countries on this forum. My great grandfather came over here from Norther Ireland. He was from County Tyrone, Beltony.

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
Best of luck on the new club!

If you ever make up any merchandise (Hats, T-Shirts, Tobacco, etc.), I would be very interested in supporting your club with a purchase or two.
PS: I'm First generation in the USA. Parents from Belfast & Sixmilecross Co. Tyrone!
"Ádh mór agus smokes sásta"!

mrgent45

Lurker
Oct 23, 2018
Hello all, a little bit of a late posting, but did this club come into existence, and if so, do you still run it?
Thanks,
Steve

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
james, how are the rules on smoking at pubs in Northern Ireland? I know in the south, they've prohibited smoking in pubs. Pubs seem like the ideal atmosphere. Otherwise, you have to wangle a place outside on private property, etc. In the U.S., sometimes restaurants will set aside a party room or other area away from the main dining room for pipe clubs, but it is carefully arranged.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
The rules in Northern Ireland will be the same as in the rest of the UK I'm afraid. The restrictions are EU mandated and Northern Ireland is (currently) still a member of the EU by virtue of being part of the UK.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.