PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Hi everyone,

Nice to e-meet all of you. I've had my late dad's Dunhill pipe for a long time but never smoked it until recently. I smoke maybe 10 cigars a year (Partagas D4).

For some reason, I decided to clean the pipe and smoke a bowl. Used Captain Black White since I always liked the smell and it was very pleasurable: it calmed me down and it was much less tobacco than a cigar which suits me well.

Posted a note on the Reddit pipe forum for tobacco suggestions and basically everyone said that ANYTHING is better than Captain Black...There were also suggestions.

I should be getting 7 Seas and Peterson Flake tomorrow and will report back.

Cordially,

Ian Hacobian, San Francisco CA
Welcome from Alabama God Bless

Reactions: Ian Hacob

Bwana Kiko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2021
Uganda
There are many tobaccos better than Captain Black, but then again, there are many foods better than pizza, and yet, in the end, I eat a lot of pizza. So, enjoy the CB, I know that I do every time I smoke it, which is a couple times a month.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Welcome from NYC. Nothing wrong with Captain Black White. It is a very pleasant and forgiving blend. Great for learning the basics with.

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Hi everyone,

Nice to e-meet all of you. I've had my late dad's Dunhill pipe for a long time but never smoked it until recently. I smoke maybe 10 cigars a year (Partagas D4).

For some reason, I decided to clean the pipe and smoke a bowl. Used Captain Black White since I always liked the smell and it was very pleasurable: it calmed me down and it was much less tobacco than a cigar which suits me well.

Posted a note on the Reddit pipe forum for tobacco suggestions and basically everyone said that ANYTHING is better than Captain Black...There were also suggestions.

I should be getting 7 Seas and Peterson Flake tomorrow and will report back.

Cordially,

Ian Hacobian, San Francisco CA
Welcome and enjoy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.