PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
Hi All -- forgive any breach of etiquette if this is the wrong place to post an introduction.
Long time cigar smoker just making a transition to pipes. Looking to learn as much as I can and get to know some of you. I am located in the northwest corner of the county.
Eric

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Welcome!

I recommend you trying Semois, McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro, Cornell diehl old joe krantz for stronger cigar like taste and nicotine.. I suggest you search the forum search on the right side of screen for cigar like tobacco, there are multiple old threads that have many posts about cigar smokers switching to the pipe, and what they experienced . If I knew how to post the links I would .

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Welcome Eric.
I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider your business model.
Instead of an "either or" approach, I'd recommend you take a "Both" approach! :puffy:
I've been an avid cigar guy for over 35 years. Have smoked the pipe a few times a year during this period.
About a year ago I got completely immersed in the pipe world but never gave up on cigars.
I found that my pipes and the associate tobacco take up way more real estate in my mancave than my cigar humidors and associated accoutrements do.
Just my $.02

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eric welcome!
Ask as many questions as you can and want. The sheer volume of knowledge from some guys on here is staggering. If you feel overwhelmed, don't worry - it goes with the territory of learning the pipe!

cwarmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2017
Welcome! You are gonna love it here. My opinion may not be worth a hoot but I'll offer an alternative view: Rather than trying to recreate the cigar experience with the pipe, go completely different and appreciate the differences. I like cigars and pipes because they are different.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
Welcome aboard. Second the recommendation for Semois and add Stormfront and Peretti Cuban Mixture to the list.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
Thanks everyone -- When I said "transition to a pipe" I didn't mean to imply I was giving up cigars. I'm not sure that will every happen!
@Alan73 and @theloniousmonkfish, thanks for the recommendations!
Eric

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Welcome aboard. I agree with the above advice about being in both the pipe and cigar worlds. There are times when only a cigar will hit the spot, and of course there are those times when a pipe is just the thing.
By the way, what part of the Northwest do you hail from?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Welcome to the forum!...........

I tend to smoke a lot more cigars in the summer months, and transition back to the pipe come fall/winter......... :puffy:

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Welcome Eric!...I've never been much of a cigar guy. I did smoke cigarettes for 20+ years and have smoked a pipe off and on for about 7. July 9th was my last cig, and it's been nothing but my pipe, since then. Anyway, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great guys here and the information is priceless in regards to the pipe. Enjoy!

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Welcome. Just start reading old threads. It will help a lot. Anything that interests you, click on it. Rabbit holes galore. When you are done, you'll be a little more knowledgeable and a little worse for wear. But you'll love it.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Welcome!
There are wonderful subtleties to pipe tobacco that are unique to smoking tobaccos in a pipe, just as there are delights in the taste of tobaccos in a cigar -- as others suggest, each can be enjoyed for its own merits. So I hope you will learn to take delight in the various pipe tobaccos. That said, as a crossover blend from cigar leaf to pipe tobacco, I'd recommend GL Pease's KEY LARGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.