PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishopkins

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
Winston Salem
Hello everyone,
I have been tempted to join for quite a while, but for whatever reason I had put it off. Anyway I am incredibly excited to be here now. So now that I am here I am curious about all the forum possibilities. I would love to hear from some others what exactly they love doing here.
Thanks!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome! I came to learn about some repair/restoration techniques, but stayed to take part in the tobacco crawl, and then virtually every other discussion I came across. I enjoy the banter, ideas put forward, and discussions of all things pipe related, and many things not so related.
Hope your time here is enjoyable.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Welcome! I hope you have as much fun here as me and my wife have. There's so much to learn and discuss here I check in every day. Of course we're old retired folks, so there's not a lot of anything else we have to do! Happy puffin! :puffy:

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome to a great (what I like to call) online pipe club, Chris. The possibilities are practically endless. Anything you can possibly think of and any question you have regarding the pipe lifestyle will probably be well received here. You can simply talk about a blend you smoked and what you were doing and thinking at the time and many others will relate. One of my favorite things to do is post photos of a new pipe and include a backstory of how I found the pipe or why I liked the pipe, or whether or not I was wearing Batman Underoos.... er... I mean whether or not I was chopping wood or hammering something or fighting off a grizzly bear with nothing but a pocket knife or something manly like that while the wind blew in my man mane of a beard and the women swooned! That happens sometimes. Or it could. Ok it doesn't happen and never will but I can dream.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Great to have you. I lurk more than post, but this site is ground zero for me for all things pipe related. A place I can research different pipes...different tobaccos, and all things in between. I think I learn something new everytime I log on.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Welcome!
I come here for the camaraderie, to be inspired by the astounding restorations done by several of the other members here and to find information about various pipes and tobaccos.
Also, I don't get to smoke as often as I like, so coming here and filling my head with pipe and tobacco conversations is almost like smoking vicariously.

I was looking for a place where when I posted something, 20 other folks would contradict me... FOUND IT!! Ha ha!!
No really, I have learned a lot from being here, plus it's fun. Folks that take things too seriously or are too rigid in their pipe thinking don't tend to last long. We are all experts in our own opinions!!

Welcome!!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Chris:
Welcome!
My participation here ebbs and flows, but I most enjoy the Tobacco Discussion area, since I love trying a variety of blends. I'm also a big fan of the Radio Show podcast. If you haven't started listening to it, you're in for a real treat. The podcast features interviews with pipemakers, tobacco blenders, and pipe enthusiasts of all stripes, along with lots of information, music, and helpful ads -- all focused on pipes and pipe smoking.
Be sure, too, to read through the "sticky" posts and any FAQs, so you understand what's allowed here, some of the common acronyms people use, etc.
Finally, there's a wealth of information archived here. Never be afraid to ask any questions, but realize that many of your questions may have already been answered in previous discussions.
Enjoy!
Bob

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Welcome Chris. I came here as a new, old pipe smoker. Meaning, I smoked a pipe thirty years ago then quit only to start again after finding this group. I was a lurker on the forum for about 6 months before I decided to pipe along again. It's a good, diverse group, of brilliant minds, but be careful because...

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
Well, they have this secret club... But we're not allowed to talk about it... If we do, they said they'd come after . . . . ARGHHHH, THEY'VE GOT ME!!

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Welcome!
I joined these folks to learn, show my progress in pipemaking, exchange opinions.

I found a lot of nice persons and beautiful minds.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.