PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. 22 year Navy veteran recently retired. Smoked a pipe briefly back in 2007 and lost my Nording in one of my moves and never picked the hobby back up. Recently bought a $30 basket pipe from local B&M and am getting back into this relaxing hobby. Hopefully I will get another Nording or other name brand pipe but for now I'm just glad to be back in the states permanently and smoking again. From what I read this forum is low drama, very helpful and has awesome members. I'm glad to be here.
Billy
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please use your Shift key in body text as well.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hi Billy. Welcome to Forums. I did a hitch in the Navy, minesweeper radioman (yeah, I know that rating is gone)

and later miraculously in the days of the legendary Admiral Zumwalt CNO, a journalist. This is a good pipe site,

I think. Lots of info, with plenty of rowdy ribbing.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I recommend you leave this site before it's too late. I was perfectly content with a few inexpensive pipes and whatever tobacco I came across until I got hooked on this site with an uncontrollable urge to buy pipes and more pipes. Tobacco and more tobacco. It never stops. Many of the friendly members on this site are not what they seem. They are agents of Big Tobacco. And Little Tobacco. Factory pipes and artisan pipes, English pipes and Italian pipes even corn cobs have their subtle promoters here. Be especially wary of the guy that calls himself the Ol' Cajun - he is a perique baron from Louisiana and may gift you a pipe or tobacco to further your addiction. Resist him. And the real name of the one known as Peck is ... well... it is enough to say he has the name Pierpont in his family and he is well on his way to establishing his own monopoly. And we will pay his price soon enough. I could tell you more, much more. But now I urge you to flee while you are still able to provide food and shelter for your family. For the rest of us it's too late.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Lol you guys kill me! I'm living down in Burleson Texas just south of Fort Worth a couple of miles. I'll be on the lookout for that crazy Cajun, I can spot em a mile away since I was stationed in New Orleans for a spell.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Lol you guys kill me! I'm living down in Burleson Texas just south of Fort Worth a couple of miles. I'll be on the lookout for that crazy Cajun, I can spot em a mile away since I was stationed in New Orleans for a spell.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Welcome from the center of the state (Brownwood), and thanks for your service!
I wouldn't say this place is totally drama free, but I will say the Mods do a fantastic job squishing the threads that start to go that route before they ever get out of hand. There are some fantastic folks here and a wealth of pipe/tobacco information you won't find anywhere else.
Again, welcome aboard, Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.