PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
Hi! I'm Pedro, I'm 41 and I'm back on the pipe after some years hooked on cigarrettes. I know, shame on me. Lot's of things have changed in these years. What used to be Dunhill tobaccos are now Peterson's (glad I stocked lots of Dunhill tins, although it seems Peterson is doing a good job) and Spanish customs are getting harsher and harsher. Thankfully, we have now plenty of new tobaccos (HU being my favorite recent discovery) and my pipes are giving me some sweet times as it used to be.

I don't know if it's customary to give more information about oneself, but as it doesn't hurt and I hope to find people with other common interests: I teach latin and ancient greek for a living and am very fond of videogames. I'm also very interested right now in tobacco/drink pairings. I usually go for teas, coffee, yerba mate and beer. Also, I'm trying to find ways of shipping tobacco from the USA so as to circumvent customs problems. Any tips on that are very welcome.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome from Sydney, Oz
I got back to pipes 4 or so years ago, and love it far more now than I ever did.
Especially being part of this fine group of enthusiasts.

Aren't you lucky that during your hiatus from pipes you didn't throw away your pipes or tobacco.

The more recent Dunhill tobaccos were made by STG - the same company making Peterson tobaccos.
Just a re-branding exercise.

Reactions: Yambo