PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I am a 50 years old pipe smoker. I have been smoking pipes since 1996. My life is very hectic, but due to health issues (nothing really serious) I find myself "stranded" at home for a few weeks. I have been lurking through the forum and have decided to introduce myself after finding some old inquiries where I could have been of help. They are old, but I would like not to let the opportunity to help pass again.

I smoke english style tobaccos and VAs VA/PER. Not very fond of aromatics, I am afraid. I am now in the process of rearranging my top 5 rotation since two of them (965 and NIghtcap) are unavailable. So far I have found Ashton Artisan as a blend which fulfils the cravings for Nightcap. 965 has been replaced in my rotation for Old Dublin (I have always found them very similar).

Being a pipe smoker in Spain is, I believe, similar to being a cigar smoker in Denmark: this is cigar land. Prices are good (best in the EU, I think) and variety used to be very good until a few months ago when one of the distributors filed for bankruptcy.

Thank you very much for letting me be part of this.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome aboard! Been smoking a pipe since '91 and primarily smoke Virginia/Orientals.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Welcome from the great state of Colorado! I am mostly a Virginia/VaPer and Oriental smoker, along with codger style burley.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Thank you very much for your warm welcome. I hope I am able to contribute and enrich the forum. Experience and knowledge a´plenty here!

Paul, hope the weather is warming there, here in southern Spain we are having much colder temperatures than usual in April. Of course, for you they would be very warm :)

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Haha! Cachimbero. I thought 'cachimbo' was a Portuguese term.

Cachimbo means pipe in Portuguese. Some old Spanish pipe smokers used to call "pipa" to any straight pipe while "cachimba" was used for bent pipes. I chose the nick to keep it in line with the one I used in tobaccoreviews some years ago. I rarely smoke full bents, though.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Interesting. There's this expression 'picando cachimba', but I think it means something not pipe related. I, nevertheless, use it when telling my mother about pipes when my father is within earshot. (Both my parents are antis, but my father is less forgiving, you see.)

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
¡Bienvenido! Justo en Mayo voy a Madrid para la Feria de San Isidro. ¿Qué estanco recomiendas y qué picadura autóctona?
(Translation for the curious: asking for recommendations)

Status
Not open for further replies.