PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Cod

Lurker
Feb 6, 2020
Miami-Dade County, Florida
Hello. I have just recently joined this forum after a bit of lurking. I have only been smoking pipes for about three months and almost everything I know about the hobby I've learned in here. This seems like a very welcoming, supportive, and congenial community and I really like what I have seen. Before tobacco pipes my previous obsession was watches and I've found that the experience of looking at and collecting beautiful pipes is comparable to the enjoyment I derive from watches. As a noob I am definitely still partial to aromatics and my current favorite tobaccos are C&D Autumn Evening, Lane 1-Q, Erinmore Mixture. I have also been able to find a measure of enjoyment in Dunhill's My Mixture BB1938, Dark Virginia Flake, and Navy Rolls, although I find the English blends with Latakia significantly less accessible at the moment. Look forward to getting to know the folks around these parts and hope everyone is having a good weekend. Cheers from Miami.

Reactions: dcon and indoeuro

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Hello and welcome from Idaho!
If you hold a genetic predisposition towards collecting, you are in big trouble now! Pipe collecting is a disease that can be subdued at times but it will always resurface; it can never be cured.

...But it's a good problem to have!

Chicken Cod

Lurker
Feb 6, 2020
Hello and welcome from Idaho!
If you hold a genetic predisposition towards collecting, you are in big trouble now! Pipe collecting is a disease that can be subdued at times but it will always resurface; it can never be cured.

...But it's a good problem to have!
Thank you. And indeed, I do suffer from said affliction. Which is why I suspect the pipe hobby took hold so quickly. I think what I'm hoping to do is to play one against the other in an effort to keep them both at bay, and hopefully avoid a runaway train sort of scenario. But it's not looking good right now. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Looking forward to making some nice invisible friends around these parts.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Welcome to ya! (from one Lurker to another). ...And to the obsession! Glad you are enjoying it. I like Erinmore Flake and Lane 1-Q as well. Have you tried any of the Stokkebye Luxury Flakes LNF, LBF, LTF (nice bulks IMO)? I'm enjoying some LNF at the moment.

Reactions: Chicken Cod

Chicken Cod

Lurker
Feb 6, 2020
Welcome to ya! (from one Lurker to another). ...And to the obsession! Glad you are enjoying it. I like Erinmore Flake and Lane 1-Q as well. Have you tried any of the Stokkebye Luxury Flakes LNF, LBF, LTF (nice bulks IMO)? I'm enjoying some LNF at the moment.

The only Stokkebye I've tried are the Proper English blend and 4th Generation 1957. Neither one blew my socks off but I am still learning and trying to develop my palate. My hands down favorite at the moment is C&D's Autumn Evening. My main problem at the moment is that when I start to appreciate the taste of the smoke, I tend to puff too hard and too fast and keep burning the $#*! out of my mouth. There's definitely a learning curve here, which is what I'm really digging about the hobby. The pleasure unfolds very slowly and only with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.