PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Warren

Lurker
Mar 9, 2021
I've been smoking pipes since I gotout of the Army back in Nineteen [mumble]. My first pipe was a small PX straight briar billiard. It was a few years before I learned to rotate pipes and have a collection of them. My dad - whom I first tried to copy in pipe smoking behavior, favored bullcap-shaped briars with large bowls. He smoked Edgeworth and Granger. He rotated betwen 3 pipes. I rotated between 2 pipes, my Army billiard and a Sandblast "Bent Dutch" I picked up in Tunisia. I lost the Army pipe but still have the Tunisian briar, which is indestructable. I smoked Mixture 79 and Captain Black back then. Time moves on through many pipe brands and even more tobacco brands.

Today I have a rack with about 18 pipes, I normally rotate through 6: currently: My Tunisian Briar, an F&T Reject Bent Briar Pot, an MM Cob Straight Huck Finn, an Imported Briar No-name straight billiard Briar, An MM Hardwood bent Diplomat, and a No-name bent Billiard Briar. I normally smoke my favorite tobacco, Borkum Riff Original, along with various and sundry pieces, mixtures and custom blends I have picked up over the years.

Recently I realized I had a large number of Cobs - perhaps too many - and have started disbursing them. Although I have pipesmoked for many years, I only just found PipesMagazine.com. I am happy to finally be associated with such a wide variety of knowledgeable pipe-loving folks. Thanks for the add!
Tom W. , Dexter Oregon

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Welcome from NJ! I went to college in Portland in the late seventies, used to raft on the Deschutes, see plays at Ashland, visit the roundup at Pendleton, etc. Lovely country.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Hello and welcome from a northern neighbor in the Seattle area.
Nice introduction.
I don’t believe I’ve been to Dexter but I’ve been close when taking the old Willimette Highway to Crater Lake a few times. Some very pretty country thereabouts.

Reactions: Tom Warren

Tom Warren

Lurker
Mar 9, 2021
Nice introduction.
I don’t believe I’ve been to Dexter but I’ve been close when taking the old Willimette Highway to Crater Lake a few times. Some very pretty country thereabouts.
I'm about 500 yards from that highway, near Lowell. There's a tavern in a clearing near my house, right in the middle of that beautiful country. Stop by and we can sit in their tree-lined back yard and have beers (my treat) and smoke!

Tom Warren

Lurker
Mar 9, 2021
Nice introduction.
You drove right past Dexter going up the hill. Stop by next time for beers and smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.