PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustybowl

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2021
New Brunskwick, Canada
Hello fellow pipers. I have been sneaking around this forum long enough, it's time to join and introduce myself. Currently living in our capitol city, Ottawa. I'm mostly a cigar guy but I inherited a few pipes from both my grand-fathers about 10-12 years ago. I got them refurbished just to display them, but I made the mistake of packing a few bowls and that's when this whole mess started... :-D Long story short, I recently purchased tobacco and pipes from a fellow cigar smoker, and now in the process of restoring the pipes. I alternate 50/50 between cigars and pipe bit still a novice. I've been active on a Canadian cigar forum for years and looking forward to hopefully provide content on this one.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Welcome, from a fellow Ottawan. This is a most stellar site for all things pipes, and pipe-related. You'll find there are quite a few Canucks here as well.

Rideau Canal freezing up.jpg

Reactions: crustybowl

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
. . . and that's when this whole mess started... :-D Long story short, I recently purchased tobacco and pipes from a fellow cigar smoker, and now in the process of restoring the pipes . . . .
Welcome from Texas. You have a gift with words! I'm chuckling at your posting, and the way you put it, ". . . that's when this whole mess started . . . ." How funny, and how true for some of us :). Enjoy smoking and enjoy restoring--now you'll have stained fingers and tobacco under your fingernails if you're like me (and yes I do wash daily and often :))) LOL
kindly
mike

• Haha

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Welcome, from a fellow Ottawan. This is a most stellar site for all things pipes, and pipe-related. You'll find there are quite a few Canucks here as well.

View attachment 70105
Mau1, what a stunningly beautiful photo! Thank you for posting it. I've never seen anything like it. Now I'm wondering about all those shapes in the ice (I guess that's ice on a river?)? That's amazing!
kindly
mike

Reactions: anotherbob and mau1

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Mau1, what a stunningly beautiful photo! Thank you for posting it. I've never seen anything like it. Now I'm wondering about all those shapes in the ice (I guess that's ice on a river?)? That's amazing!
kindly
mike

Hi Mike, that is the Rideau Canal which runs through the heart of downtown Ottawa. Each winter it's turned into the world's largest skating rink, over 7.8km/almost 5 miles. The designs you see in the ice are the result of water being pumped from beneath the ice and spread over the surface of the canal, increasing the thickness of the ice. Lots of fun to skate on during Winterlude, a festival held here every year.

Take care,
Mau

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I've enjoyed my visits to Canada, family trips as a teenager, and business trips in later years to Toronto, and a sixtieth birthday trip to Montreal. It was good to get Cuban cigars there. I think I like Dominican better, at least a my price level.

Status
Not open for further replies.