PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dbpetty

Lurker
Jan 18, 2023
Hello all!

I’m from KY on the TN line close to a few famous YTPC personalities. Hopefully one soon opens his B&M! I travel for work and visit pipe and tobacco shops all over the USA and Canada. I raised tobacco as a kid with my family and we got hit during the buyout in KY. Put the small farmers down. My great uncle’s used to make twist and press plugs when I was a kid with brandy. I don’t recall the process or details (too little to understand). I’ve been a tobacco lover for all my life, our farm is next to a huge dark fire operation. In fall it’s windows open time to let that fresh air freshener in!

My favorite blend is rattrays old gowrie, and Hal O' the Wynd". I do enjoy marlin flake also. My favorite brand is of course rattrays. My first tobacco was home made I took the liberty to as a child from the barn with a grocery store toy corn cob. 2nd time around was capt black royal.

I’m a Virginia,Burley, and ky dark fire guy who loves the some well made natural cavendish also.

Attachments

• 83F6F871-25D1-422A-B027-BE62224B6956.jpeg
    83F6F871-25D1-422A-B027-BE62224B6956.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 7579BDB7-380A-48FC-B0CF-1776D7BAFB41.jpeg
    7579BDB7-380A-48FC-B0CF-1776D7BAFB41.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome though I don't think any pipe guys on youtube count as famous. For example I am sure if one of them ran around naked in a large metropolitan area we'd just say did you see that video of the crazy guy in Cincinnati running around like a nude loon? Yeah he kind of looked like Muttonchop.
Yeah tobacco is great. I remember more about my first cig then my first kiss (remember more about what happened after that kiss but that's another story). Though with both I had the thought, this is something I have to start doing as much as possible. It was a clove cig and she was so far out of my league I still can't figure out how that one happened.
And the state of Brick And mortar is bitter sweet. Hard to find and even harder to find one that knows pipes. Though we have more access to pipes and pipe info cause of the internet I learned more about pipes and pipe related things in the last few years.
And finally Kentucky is interesting because it's the only state that could also realistically be some ones name. "Why is Ken so weird about telling people his last name?", "Dude his last name is Tucky".