PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YMO

Lurker
Nov 30, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
Hello! I'm YMO, and of course that is not my real name. I don't like to post my real name on the internet, since it is the internet!

Weirdness aside, I'm new to the site but not new to the world of pipes. I been smoking them within the last few years due to the relaxation benefits it offers me. Working in a back office for a Bank you will need it! I'm in Jacksonville, FL, which I don't know how good/bad our football does because I don't follow sports. But I will say DUVVAALL when I have to (Jacksonville, FL is also Duval County, FL for those who don't know).

While not playing with my cats or being with my GF, I read books and listen to music on my equipment. Sometimes I get another Pipe that I like from my local B&M. Ordering online is nice but I need to feel something before buying. Always will complain about the 85% wholesale tax FL does for Pipe Tobacco, but in life there is always the internet...

Lately I been hooked on some Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired. Since FL it is getting cooler outside it is a great tin to pick up. Then again, I been on a Mac Baren flake mood as of late, getting some more flakes to try out for once....

And that's all. :)

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome from NE FL (Jax, also). You mentioned a local B&M. I have lived here 15 years and I am not sure of a pipe retailer that, is still in business (not including head shops and a cigar store that carries just enough pipes to call themselves a ’tobacco shop’). Where are you shopping?

YMO

Lurker
Nov 30, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks everyone for the welcome so far.

Welcome from NE FL (Jax, also). You mentioned a local B&M. I have lived here 15 years and I am not sure of a pipe retailer that, is still in business (not including head shops and a cigar store that carries just enough pipes to call themselves a ’tobacco shop’). Where are you shopping?

If you don't consider Tobacco Cove on Baymeadows as a true pipe shop, then there's some minor truth to it. However, Tom (the owner, no longer Gus) continues to get new pipes in both new and used, more and more House Blends being sold in bigger bags than normal, and there's people who only come in there for Pipe stuff only. Even stuff like Pipe Cleaners and tbe pipe tools are being sold more and more. I picked up another Wiley Pipe from them on Sunday.

Cigars is what keep the lights on (and their prices and selection is great for cigars), but the Pipes selection is good for Jax. Now, if you are in the game for a very long time and get everything online then no reason going in. Some of their House Blends I like, but it's silly for Tobacco Cove to deal with Tins due to the wholesale tax BS. I like hanging out there and it is t far from me where if I'm low on Pipe Cleaners I can get them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.