PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2019
East TN
Hey Y'all
New member, making intros.. Live in TN valley. SE of Knoxville.. been smoking a pipe on and off, now more on, for the the better part of 15 years.. still a newbie regardless..
Smoke lighter Nicotine blends... prefer those, still trying to find my favorite..

VA flake is pretty good, Tried a few Aros...
I had a burley blend the other day and the nicotine wiped me out...
Greetings to all of you.
Best- Mark

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Beautiful country in Tennessee. After having the strong blend adventure, I added some milder blends, mostly nonaro but some aromatic, back into the rotation. Aro is good as long as it is tobacco forward, for my tastes. I love burley, but tolerate it fairly well. I don't select blends for high nicotine, but a buzz now and then can be pleasant.

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
That buzz was decidedly unpleasant. The whole world turned sideways and stayed that way for several hours..

It was a blend called Woodsman that I bought from John B. Hayes in Northern VA.. nearest I can figure is its Burley Heavy..
Was a nice smoke... till the dizzys set in at the end.
Honestly I never can taste the supposed flavors in Aros, I can smell em in the jar, the room notes have it, but all I ever taste is tobacco.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the SF Bay Area.
If you enjoyed the burley blend aside from the nicotine buzz, I'd suggest H&H Classic Burley Kake or even Ol' Prince Albert. Maybe the new Amphora Burley, too. None of those seem like nicotine heavyweights to me, but they're very pleasant smokes. Burley with a light casing/topping to accentuate the cocoa and nutty flavors. I do like blends with high nicotine levels, but I also appreciate lighter nicotine VA flakes and English blends for their wonderful flavors.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.
Wife's son is in Nashville. We spent a week there during her birthday, when the eclipse occurred 2 years ago.
Had a blast and bought a pipe from Pete at BriarWorks. Traveled the Natchez Trace back and had a great trip.
Get you a smaller pipe for those nic-bomb blends, or pack 'em half full.
jay-roger.jpg

Sep 4, 2019
East TN
I packed a half a bowl in my Peterson B-11.. Didnt think it was too much, but I hadn't smoked this blend in many a moon.. it came as quite the shock at the end there.

Ive got some tiny Cobs and a tiny Meer that I might use for that blend, however, if it kicks my head in again it will probably go in the compost heap.. too much tobacco out there in the world to hold on to a blend (tasty or not) that makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.