PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Hello everyone,

Glad to be here. Looks like a wealth of information. I recently found my father's pipe collection, going through some boxes at my parents house, while visiting at Thanksgiving. He passed on in 2005 and they haven't been smoked since. I've never smoked a pipe, but have fond memories of fly fishing with my father, while he smoked some of the most wonderful smelling tobacco you could imagine. Irwan Ries on Wabash was always a scheduled stop with him when we were visiting Chicago.

Now I'm older, enjoy fly fishing myself, and hope to smoke some of his pipes while on the stream. Lot's to learn about cleaning them up, brands, tobbaco, etc. He had several with a script that says Baer Bowl, some that say Jobey France and a few Stanwell made in Denmark. All are caked with tobacco in the bowl and the stems are very much chewed on.

I won't make this any longer, but thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us new guys! I can't wait to start learning and smoking an occasional pipe. Cheers and happy holidays!

Joe
Welcome! We're here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.