PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, just received a new meer in the mail today from SmokingPipes (came super fast). I'm very happy with the pipe except that when the draft hole was drilled, it looks like they nicked the inside chamber wall, taking a very small chunk out of the wall. For 90 dollars, do you find this acceptable? I have never bought a new meer before and am not sure what to expect at this price point. I was on the lookout for a classically shaped smooth meer at this price point and this one finally popped up last week and I jumped on it. I really like the pipe and would like to keep it, but I don't know if this will cause long term structural problems. If it was a briar, I wouldn't care, I would just build cake over it. But being a meer I will not be building cake. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• KIMG0066.JPG
    KIMG0066.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 38
  • KIMG0065.JPG
    KIMG0065.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 38
  • KIMG0064.JPG
    KIMG0064.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: kurtbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wouldn't give that baby up for a cosmetic nick. In fact, it is an aesthetic plus, like imperfections in a Japanese tea service that you'd meditate over in the tea ceremony. I love the shape, perfect. Light that baby up, and consider that you got a little something extra for your ninety bucks. Yes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That can often cause a small air pocket just in front of the compression in the meer and prolonged heating will cause it to expand and shatter the bowl.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr.Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.