PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
So the email went out from P & C for new Match blend, Presbyterian Mixture. So I ordered a couple/few pounds to try out and lay-up. Have been more than happy with the Match BSOSM so I am optimistic.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/98845/match-presbyterian/

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Sounds delicious. Glitch:
GxYPdzB.png

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Like Lou Reed said, "Take a Walk on the Mild Side."

Presbyterian works well for me. To each their own.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I really enjoy Presbyterian and will give this match a try ... thanks!
From the description at P&C:
One of the things that's shrouded in mystery is whether it contains Latakia, and we know for certain that it does ...
Seriously? Never a doubt in my mind! 8O

May 31, 2012
:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Presbyterian/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=238

:
...a review from 2014 sez:

"The smell from the can is delightful, a sour, manure-y, farm-y-ness you city slickers wouldn't understand. I love it. If it was a deodorant, I'd be rubbing it into my armpits right now."
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1206/planta-presbyterian-mixture
:D

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I will wildly speculate; it costs less. I got three pounds for $108 delivered. It may even taste better, that remains to be seen.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Price and availability ... $2.25 per ounce in bulk versus $11 for 1.76 oz
Plus, it won't be an exact match which really makes it more of a less expensive substitute, IMO.

May 31, 2012
Both good points gentlemen,

thanks for answering.
It makes more sense to me now.
:!:
I neglected to click the link & read the descrip,

after their website redesign I just don't find myself shopping there much anymore.

It drives me nutz.

:x

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Wow! Three pounds is quite a leap of faith! Though Russ has proven himself quite capable of creating great matches. Still waiting for his Penzance match....
P&C put Presbyterian on their clearance page a little over a year ago. Don't know why as it looks to still be in production...though some have complained that its quality has significantly degraded of late. Perhaps Russ will chime in on why it's not available through P&C anymore. They seem to carry everything else (except Balkan Delight).
I'm looking forward to the feedback on this match with great anticipation!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Wow! Three pounds is quite a leap of faith!"
I am not a wealthy man, but $108.00 is within my budget. I normally order around $100.00 (Sometime much more) to get free shipping. So I have three pounds of quality tobacco that should age well for $108.00. A smoking deal, to be sure. One thing I know, Russ did his due diligence.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
SmokingPipes carries Presbyterian, but as P&C mentions, it's on the pricey side as well. I included an ounce of the match in my order last night and I'm excited to try it as Presbyterian has been on my list for quite some time. If I like the match I guess I'll have to pony up for the original at least once to see how they compare, but no matter what I'd probably still revert to the bulk option. I just can't justify the purchase of almost any tin anymore when there are so many solid bulk options around.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I just got the real stuff for a reasonable price at LJ Peretti's in Boston -- by the tin, not the pound.

http://www.ljperetti.com/tobacco-cat/presbyterian.html

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So, is there not an Episcopalian blend? Congregational? Baptist? Catholic? Etc., not to mention non-Christian blends. Inquiring minds—who don't want to Google to day—want to know!

May 31, 2012
So, is there not an Episcopalian blend? Congregational? Baptist? Catholic? Etc., not to mention non-Christian blends. Inquiring minds—who don't want to Google to day—want to know!
:lol:

Good point!
Gimme some Satan Flake!

:twisted:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Here's the deal. We stopped carrying Presbyterian due to slow sales. Then we started getting contacts from people who said that they would smoke it regularly if it wasn't so expensive. We thought about it and realized that a good answer would be to do a bulk match for those people.
Russ

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Bless you for doing it. As I stated, I am a huge fan of the Match BSOSM. I have not doubt this newest Match will be a favorite as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.