PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
A Florida shop told me they can’t ship to me in NC because of tax law changes. I’ve been ordering g from all over the place in the past. Has something new been legislated?

• Wow
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I’ve not any difficulties either, not sure they’re even right. They had some Carolina Red Flake, I would have bought some more!

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I live in NC and received a shipment of tobacco from Smoking Pipes yesterday. They charged both the sales tax and excise tax. Maybe the Florida shop doesn’t want to deal with collecting NC excise taxes?
That seems likely to me

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Just got a package of tobacco few days ago from out of state. No issues. I was shocked to read the title. I always have a good laugh when I drive by "Welcome to Durham: City of Medicine".

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I live in NC and just recently received my orders of the new Carolina Red Flake from two different online retailers without issue. Seems like it's just an issue with this shop in Florida.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Missouri is the most sin friendly state in the Union, if not the civilized Christian world, with a 10% invoice (wholesale) “other tobacco” tax on Prince Albert to Capstan. Our cigarette tax is 17 cents a pack.

But North Carolina is ranked 47 out of 50 for sin friendly tobacco taxes.

North Carolina Other Tobacco Products Tax -12.80% / Wholesale Price​

One of the oldest excuses on this earth is to say that gubbermint regulations prevent you from doing something you didn’t want to do anyhow.

Trying to sell tobacco in North Carolina is probably like selling ice cubes to Inuits.:)

Reactions: bullet08

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Missouri is the most sin friendly state in the Union, if not the civilized Christian world, with a 10% invoice (wholesale) “other tobacco” tax on Prince Albert to Capstan. Our cigarette tax is 17 cents a pack.

But North Carolina is ranked 47 out of 50 for sin friendly tobacco taxes.

North Carolina Other Tobacco Products Tax -12.80% / Wholesale Price​

One of the oldest excuses on this earth is to say that gubbermint regulations prevent you from doing something you didn’t want to do anyhow.

Trying to sell tobacco in North Carolina is probably like selling ice cubes to Inuits.:)
Why you think I call this place my home?

• Love
Reactions: Briar Lee