PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I saw SmokingPipes picked these up. Figured for $56 it was worth a go. I like it so far. Just a bit curious if anyone knows how to replace the flint for these? I’ve never had this style of lighter before.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I saw a YouTube video for the Dunhill Rollagas that showed pushing a button back and a compartment swung out to refill the flint. This one has the same push button, but it doesn’t swing open a compartment and the instructions didn’t have anything about changing the flint.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hi LOTPRs,
I hope this helps, I don't have one of these, but looking at it, it looks like the same mechanismon my Sarome (Japan) lighter. Pull the little lever back and the flint will side out. Think of it like a pinball plunger slot. The spring pushes the plunger and flint forward into the wheel. When you push the lever, you compress the spring, opening the "tunnel" or slot. The flint should fall our if you lean it back a bit it will. Place a new one in and release the lever.
Good Luck. I just looked at those, they are nice looking and not crazy expensive. If you like this style, also look on Ebay for Sarome, Japan. They appear to be decent quality as well.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I tried pushing the mechanism back and holding it upside down and shaking it and the flint didn't fall out. I'm totally lost lol. Would have been nice if the instructions would have explained it. I have a pipe meet up next week, maybe one of the guys has had a lighter like this before and can figure it out.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one? No mention of Rollagas, though there's some resemblance.
"John Aylesbury's pipe lighters present a classy aesthetic in a number of styles, including this carbon-finished piece. Sleek and sophisticated, this soft-flamed lighter features a classic, hinged cap and side-positioned striking wheel for a retro appeal — the sturdy construction making for a reliable, everyday companion."
001-068-0346.7525.jpg

I couldn't find any info - might SP be of help?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, the site didn't mention Rollagas, but like you said lot of resemblance there.
I'm guessing these were picked up at the recent IPCPR, cause I haven't seen them on the site before.
Was hoping with posting here on the forums either someone would have bought one and figured it out or maybe someone who works at SP would see it and explain it.

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Figger it out yet? My guess there is a small button of a thing that releases the trap door on top...like a Dupont.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8c2E8MFXic
Maybe ya shoulda bought a Old Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.